Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P NVR 3 second delay before sensing motion detect

reamer59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR with a Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I 4K IP cameras and a Dahua
IPC-HDW4631C-A 6M IP camera. Both cameras are set to record on motion detect. My test method is to place my hand in front of the camera and then remove it straight away. The Dahua camera starts recording as soon as it detects motion as expected. The Hikvision camera does not detect the motion and there is no recording. The Hikvision does detect motion but only after I hold my hand in front of the camera for approximately 3 seconds or more. Except for the delay in motion detection the Hikvision camera seems to be functioning correctly and responding to the motion detect settings. I got nil support from Hikvision so any help would be appreciated :banghead:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Hikvision camera does not detect the motion and there is no recording.
What selection for the storage trigger are you using for that camera?
Storage | Schedule settings
Also - what's the pre-record time set to? (Advanced button)

Except for the delay in motion detection the Hikvision camera seems to be functioning correctly and responding to the motion detect settings.
Suggestion:
To confirm that it is a motion detection notification that's triggering the recording, and not an intrusion detection (which has a configurable dwell time) review the recording in the NVR web GUI with 'Rules' enabled, in the Local settings.

Do the NVR logs hold any useful information on the type of notification, and the timing?

reamer59

n3wb
Reaction score
What selection for the storage trigger are you using for that camera?
Storage | Schedule settings
Also - what's the pre-record time set to? (Advanced button)

Suggestion:
To confirm that it is a motion detection notification that's triggering the recording, and not an intrusion detection (which has a configurable dwell time) review the recording in the NVR web GUI with 'Rules' enabled, in the Local settings.

Do the NVR logs hold any useful information on the type of notification, and the timing?
Thanks for the reply. The schedule is set for 24/7 Motion and pre-record time is 5s. Also only motion detection is enabled and the log confirms that it is motion triggered. Thanks.