Hikvision DS-7816N-E2 Chineese To English

darkprod

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-7816N-E2 that was originally running multi-language software. Long story short, the software was updated to the Chinese version 3.3.9 and remained multi-language. I was having an issue where only one camera would show up in iVMS so I reset to default via the menu in an attempt to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, it has now reverted to Chinese. Any idea which software I can put on this to get it back to English? Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you save a copy of the device configuration before the system reset?
The way to retain EN or ML language when upgrading to 3.3.x firmware for a 78xx NVR is to do web GUI updates from a version of the firmware that gave the EN menus.
Do you still have any firmware that's 3.0.10 or earlier?

darkprod

n3wb
Reaction score
There was no config saved.

Thanks @alastairstevenson for all the help so far.

So I tftp 3.0.8 and we are back to English version. I then set strong password and uploaded my same 3.3.9 version via web GUI. Everyone is back up and running.

Now to the original reason the reset to default was done which I m still experiencing..

When I attempt to view cameras in iVMS-4500 using HiDDNS I only get only one camera. I haven't even re-added that camera yet. I'm unable to view the cameras I have added back to the NVR. When I open iVMS-4200 I see the NVR. When I attempt to add it, it shows the recorder but gives the serial number of that only camera it apparently recognizes in iVMS-4500 and shows.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

darkprod

n3wb
Reaction score
OK updating post with more info..

So when I add the NVR manually by external ip address in iVMS-4500 I'm still only getting that one camera showing. When I go into the NVR menu, into maintenance, I get a QR code. When I attempt to add via scanning that QR code I get all 11 cameras that I added but only via the internal ip address 192.168.1.xxx while on the wifi network.

I then went into iVMS-4200. I see the NVR. I add it. I get it added and still showing the serial number of that same camera as the serial of the NVR. When I click on QR code and try to add that in iVMS-4500 I get the one camera again and nothing else.

I apologize if this is something simple i'm missing. Could this be a firmware issue?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

darkprod

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to resolve the issue, just wanted to post it here in case it can help anyone else. When this issue began I had just switched ISP providers. The new ISP (AT&T Fiber) gateway apparently has some issue with Upnp. With my old cable modem, the router had Upnp on by default and there were no issues. With the gateway, I was unable to get the cameras to work until I disabled Upnp in the router. I read a thread where it was suggested I do that or otherwise change the ports to something other than the default ports. I may try that next just to see if it works.