Hikvision DS-7816N-E2 Shutdown via Web GUI

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to properly shutdown this NVR without using the internal menu (connecting monitor and mouse)? I am unable to find a way to shut it down via the web access.

Thanks

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll answer my own post, no. I just saw a post here stating no "clean" shutdown via the remote GUI.

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can telnet into the NVR and issue the "halt" command. That caused the hard drive to spin down and I believe the kernel to shut down too, at least on my 7816N-E1 running 3.0.10.

I'll answer my own post, no. I just saw a post here stating no "clean" shutdown via the remote GUI.

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try this.

I have been using the poweroff command (via telnet) with an 8 second delay, waiting and then switching off the NVR. I am not sure if it was actually turbibg things off correctly but feels better than just powering off the NVR.

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up that old post, but on the newer firmware where telnet is disabled is there a workaround for it?

Jason J.

n3wb
Reaction score
This is one model higher than the one I use but this might be it... Log into the interface, right click, click Menu. In the bottom left you will see a small red power button. Press that and it will give you Shutdown/Restart options.

Hope this helps.

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know that but I don't have a monitor connected and I want to shut it down somehow..