Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM IP Video Intercom Vandal-Resistant Door Station

shieldsy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone had experience with this new door station?

Hikvision Australia

was looking at the DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Video Doorbell but has no door release. In my case going to be triggering a sliding gate.

I had a Doorbot Wifi intercom and that was terrible, prefer something hardwired for reliability. Looks like this works standalone and can connect straight from the Hikvison NVR's POE powered or straight into internet modem and use a POE injector to power it or 12vdc without need of the video distributor and internal screen? Going off the Hikvision website spec downloads.

Found some videos on it but my Russian is terrible :)

Video's don't show it working with the Hik-connect app or IVMS apps would be interested to see if it plays nicely with the app and how the audio video quality and what delay in trigging app if any.

Had quick look on aliexpress seems to be around $30usd more than the DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Video Doorbell. On the plus side looks IP66 so more weather resistant and more vandal resistant but looks big compared to the SD-KB6003-WIP.

Hikvision DS KB8112 IM English Version IP Video Intercom Water Proof Vandal Resistant Door Station H.264 WDR Door Magnetic Alarm-in Doorbell from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If anyone has info or experience would be interested before buying one of these.
Cheers

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I find it strange to find only two posts on the DS-KB8112-IM on the forum...

I also have been testing one of these units. With the latest firmware it works OK with Hik-connect (v1.4.5 180606), it does motion detection so it can be recorded fine on an NVR. It can work both at the same with Hik-connect/an indoor station/iVMS-4200. There is no noticeable delay when you open the door. And it does work with standard POE, not like other intercom units that need the weird 24V POE, so they have to use special switches.

I do still think anyway that Hikvision has a long way to go with their software and firmwares on their intercom/access control series.

Mathius

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi shieldsy,

I have purchased this unit, the DS-KB8112-IM - although I have nothing much to add at this stage I am curious as to whether you bought it, and if so - your experience with it? A few clues might save me a lot of time..

I am looking to integrate this doorbell unit quite heavily with my home automation so I hope to know it back to front within a few months.. it would be good to know if there are a few others on here. The hikvision documentation/forums/advice out there (intended for other Hikvision units) all seems quite irrelevant to this unit, like maybe they changed the mould on this one.

I am impressed with the image and build quality so far (first 5-6 hours as of this post)

anthonyl

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to drag an old thread but there is so little information about this doorbell, has anyone managed to get it working without using the door station, I can record and view fine currently with it connected via POE to my NVR but cannot get the calling feature to work, I cannot add it to HikConnect as I believe this is what the door station does but if I am going to have to spend another £200 I may as well go for the DoorBird. Thanks.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This unit works no problem without an indoor station, it is a "door bell" (intercoms need toe indoor station to use Hik-connect, door bells are stand alone).

But you need the unit to be able to connect direct to internet, and if you connect it to a POE port on the NVR it does not have internet. You should have it on your own network if you want the calling feature to work/hik-connect to work, and not have it on the NVR internal network.

anthonyl

n3wb
Reaction score
OK so I have it connected to a POE port on my switch, however it would not have direct internet access, I use a VPN to view cameras and am happy with that principle for the doorbell but when I push the button I get "call failed", is there config on the device I am missing? I am running 1.4.6 as I know some people reference older versions not working.

So how do I add it to Hik-Connect to work as a doorbell?

anthonyl

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not explicitly denying outbound access on my firewall, however in the Web GUI I cannot see any reference to platform access like I have on my NVR, or do I need to enable Platform on the NVR that I am using to record?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, you need to activate P2P on the unit. You need to have it on a valid network with internet access (gateway and DNS servers) so it can connect to Hik-connect servers, and then you need to add it to a Hik-connect account with the s/n and verification code.

The NVR has nothing to do in this equation, it would work without an NVR. You can just use the NVR to record the video feed, like you would do with any other IP camera.

If you do not see the P2P setup information on the web GUI, you can try using iVMS-4200.

anthonyl

n3wb
Reaction score
OK so I have double checked the Web GUI, no reference to P2P or HikConnect, an older version of IVMS4200 shows nothing, the new version shows Hik-Connect as a setting but wont actually enable and I cannot see P2P anywhere, I am wondering if you mean UPNP, on my other Hikvision cameras I have that as an option under the NAT tab under Network, but I do not have the NAT tab on the Door Camera. Sorry I sound so thick here, I really do not understand this, I cannot even add the device via the local IP to HikConnect but assume that is because they mandate internet based access, I have attached some images to explain what I mean.
1580142483205.png
1580142538862.png

Web GUI for the doorbell camera, as you can see no reference to UPNP/P2P/ HikConnect

1580142587115.png

In IVMS-4200 I can see it but cannot activate, this also seems to be cutdown, for comparison my normal Hikvision camera looks like the below

1580142649045.png

My setup looks like this
1580142706277.png
1580142716848.png

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, I do not mean UPNP.

The fact that I see references to "Guarding vision" make me thing that this is a rebranded unit, and you are not running the original Hikvision firmware. But I think it should work anyway.

You do not need to touch the "linked network configuration", since you do not have an internal monitor.

Have you tried adding it now to a Hik-connect account to see if it is online?

You might want to try the latest Hik firmware, reset to defaults, and config the unit again.

I can not check the web interface against my own unit, since I only have access to it right now with P2P, I can not enter the WebGUI remotely.