Hikvision DS-KD8003 back light and IR

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted to know if anyone know if the DS-KD8003 integrates the back light button and IR turned on during night periods and not just when people presses the button.

Thanks

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also wanted to know if the SIP config can be changed, so that I can integrate a different SIP server, or add different SIP clients

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
hikvision dont have linkage between IR and button press.. you can only set it to auto/schedule/off

own sip server is problematic , because you cannot use hik connect anymore, indoor stations does not work like with their proprietary sip server.. etc

own sip clients are only possible with own sip server and resulting function loss.. its not possible to connect to the hik sip with any other than indoor stations

all in all dahua stations are better, but have this "ir only on button press" crap...

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hikvision dont have linkage between IR and button press.. you can only set it to auto/schedule/off
Perfect, I was indeed looking for that, since it seems dahua VTO2202F-P just turns on when the ring button is pressed.

own sip server is problematic , because you cannot use hik connect anymore, indoor stations does not work like with their proprietary sip server.. etc
The thing is, that I want to run the unit totally offline from cloud services. I was planning first to run DS-KD8003 internal SIP server (in case the unit has one), subscribe to that internal SIP server, the rest of the units, like their monitors, or any other sort of device. And in case I want to run another different SIP server, change all of the units to client mode. Don't know if this is possible or I will have issues with it

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want to run it without cloud .. the dahua device is still better

you can just connect with any softphone to the local dahua sip server
the hikvision intercoms are a pain in the ass

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What functionalities will it rest in case I want to run offline?

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you can just connect with any softphone to the local dahua sip server
However I do not see that dahua ones integrate NFC tag reading, and then the IR and button back light issue also there. So just want to know what functionalities are taken away if I pick a Hikvision unit, so that I can decide which one to use, Hikvision or Dahua

kesawi

n3wb
Reaction score
The thing is, that I want to run the unit totally offline from cloud services. I was planning first to run DS-KD8003 internal SIP server (in case the unit has one), subscribe to that internal SIP server, the rest of the units, like their monitors, or any other sort of device. And in case I want to run another different SIP server, change all of the units to client mode. Don't know if this is possible or I will have issues with it
You don't need to be connected to the cloud via Hik-Connect for the intercom to operate.

As long as you have a door station and an indoor station, and each one is programmed with the IP address of the other it will work. You can add slave indoor stations by pointing them to the IP of the master indoor station. Similarly you can add slave door stations to the master door station in the same way.

Hikvision just use a proprietary SIP protocol to communicate between each device. If you want to add a third party SIP device into the mix, then that's when you need to start looking at changing them to use SIP and losing some functionality.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its possible to register an softphone on the 8003 using the private sip protocol, but I didn't get audio to work for some reason... If that would work, then no extra PBX is needed...

I didn't succeed to register as an extension on my indoor unit.. I think its checking some productnr / sn

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You don't need to be connected to the cloud via Hik-Connect for the intercom to operate.

As long as you have a door station and an indoor station, and each one is programmed with the IP address of the other it will work. You can add slave indoor stations by pointing them to the IP of the master indoor station. Similarly you can add slave door stations to the master door station in the same way.

Hikvision just use a proprietary SIP protocol to communicate between each device. If you want to add a third party SIP device into the mix, then that's when you need to start looking at changing them to use SIP and losing some functionality.
However for me to integrate other devices, I guess I will need to exit the propietary SIP protocol. Even if I decide to go with the propietary one, if I run out of the cloud, will I receive the calls/notifications on my android devices?
Another thing I was seeing, was about early media feature, if I go out of the SIP propietary protocol, it seems it won't work. Will it work on the other hand with the dahua VTO2202F-P ?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As discussed on HA forum, early media doesn't work, so not on Dahua if you use your own PBX, a PBX can't handle it...

With softphones on your Android you can offcourse receive notification , no need to use their cloud... Just open the PBX to public Internet

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But I mean, if I decide not to change the SIP propietary service, but run it without cloud connection, will I still receive the call/notification on my phone?

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, what I am seeing pretty much is that I will have the same issues if I decide going with PBX, whether it is Dahua or Hikvision?
Or is there any other difference in between these 2 brands?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For hikvision not, the hikconnect official app, only works with cloud... If you don't want their cloud, the only alternative is use your own sip pbx

Not sure about dahua, probably the same

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They both have the disadvantages....
I like the 8003 though, it's stable for me, there are issues yes, but it's with every brand

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For hikvision not, the hikconnect official app, only works with cloud... If you don't want their cloud, the only alternative is use your own sip pbx

Not sure about dahua, probably the same
So I guess that in case hikconnect servers are down, my mobile calls won't be able to happen, right?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True, hikconnect sucks anyway, you will miss calls or the notification comes too late... Better to setup an PBX , then you have your own "cloud"

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Meaning that the mobile app is only able to be configured as a P2P service.

Up to what I know from Dahua, you can point the app to the ip address of the SIP server in the Dahua doorbell

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
True, hikconnect sucks anyway, you will miss calls or the notification comes too late... Better to setup an PBX , then you have your own "cloud"
Yep, the problem with this, is I won't be able to see who is ringing before I take the call :/
Kinda sucks that part also

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With hikconnect I can also connect to the IP of my device, but it only acts as camera then... Not sure about dahua