Hikvision DS7808N-K2/8P bricked

afric

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Yesterday I just bricked my Hikvision DS7808N-K2/8P ☹. My nvr is china version.
I take NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.107_190927_new! Firm and with hiktools05R1 I change from 1 to 2 the language. o_O:oops::oops: After that i upgrade the nvr and after that the end!!!
Boot and continues beep and restart.. so stupid!!!

I try with Hikvision TFFP server but nothing!!.. I can connect, it transmit the digicap.dav file ( NVR_K51_QD_CN_STD_V3.4.106_190702 ) but never finished. And it loop again and again to transmit the file.
I already try with putty and serial cable but still nothing.. puuty never connect!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Any idea????

edit 1:
i use
max3232-rs232.jpg
MAX3232 TTL to RS-232 Interface. is it problem?

edit 2:
I just buy a PL2303HX - USB TO RS232 SERIAL - TTL UART ADAPTER MODULE I will receive at Tuesday..

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I try with Hikvision TFFP server but nothing!!.. I can connect, it transmit the digicap.dav file ( NVR_K51_QD_CN_STD_V3.4.106_190702 ) but never finished. And it loop again and again to transmit the file.
The firmware file is greater than the 32MB size limit of the Hikvision tftp updater.
The scottlamb Python clone does not have that limitation.

I just buy a PL2303HX - USB TO RS232 SERIAL - TTL UART ADAPTER MODULE I will receive at Tuesday..
It needs to be USB to TTL serial, not RS232.

The update will work OK with the serial console.
But the menus will be in Chinese.

I take NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.107_190927_new! Firm and with hiktools05R1 I change from 1 to 2 the language.
That only changes the language in the header of the firmware - not the firmware itself.

afric

n3wb
Reaction score
if I can fix it, It is all OK for me. thanks for the answer, I am out now I will check it soon:)

afric

n3wb
Reaction score
The firmware file is greater than the 32MB size limit of the Hikvision tftp updater.
The scottlamb Python clone does not have that limitation.
can i run it at windows 10 and how?

edit:
i install Python Releases for Windows and i make a folder c:\hik with python scipts inside (hikvision_tftpd.py etc) and the digicap.dav

after that i run in cmd C:\hik>C:\Python27\python.exe C:\hik\hikvision_tftpd.py and i boot the nvr he see it and load the firmare
and at finished it write all done. i make restart and now nothing!!! i will connect to another monitor and i will tell you.

edit 2:
no beep nothing it is not boot now!!

Last edited:

afric

n3wb
Reaction score
now i run again the python and it take the message "This app can't run on your PC" crazy??

Attachments

afric

n3wb
Reaction score
finaly i recover it!!! yeaaa

i reinstall python and run the script without problems
it finished with same way but now i didnot power off the nvr
i was waiting , i hear one beap , i still waiting and about at total 5 minutes it boot normal and make the 3 beeps!!!!! (no disk, I had remove it)
thanks alastairstevenson

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for getting there.
Presumably the menus are now in Chinese.
You might find it useful to use the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool to do the configuration.

afric

n3wb
Reaction score
Well done for getting there.
Presumably the menus are now in Chinese.
You might find it useful to use the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool to do the configuration.
i think that the cn nvr is compatible only with cn programs but I do it by browser with translate this page.
can I use english version of ivms?