hikvision ecl-t24f and CBM junction box.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so trying to do a better job of my camera upgrade (weeks after installing a bunch of cheap Reolinks, I got several HikVision ECL-T24F2 and an F4, and a couple CBM junction boxes. the cable 'gland' on the side of of the box, the rubber plug in it has an 0.70 inch ID, which is obviously WAY too big to seal up against a cat5 or 6 cable, but its too small for the inline cable seal suppled with the ECL-T24, the inline gland has a OD of 0.78 inch or so.

now, I'm mounting these under the soffit , and planned to route the wire under the soffit tacked up behind the rain gutters, so the cable entry will be horizontal, and relatively dry, but still, meh. I had gotten a couple junkction boxes for the Reolinks, and the supplied gland sealed up tight around a cat6...

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ooooh. I wonder if I can use the rubber piece from the inline seal inside the CBM's gland seal?? hmmmm, I put everything away so I can't measure it right now.

here's the cam with the CBM box.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
and, my idea of putting the white cable gland filler rubber around the cat6, and clamping that in the CBM's oversize gland actually worked... not real happy with how big that cam+box is. still waiting for night to see how good the nightvision is.