Hikvision Email Notification Attachments

Benskii

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have recently setup the Hikvision 7716 NVR and have managed to get email notifications working for events but I am not receiving attachments. I have configured NVR (as opposed to cameras) to send emails.

upload_2017-2-12_19-24-41.png

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Without knowing any specifics, make sure you have the most recent firmware update. Hikvision recently put out a firmware update to fix a lot of email issues.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Drew,

Thanks for the reply. Below is the firmware

View attachment 15073

Thanks

Ben
I can't find the current firmware for the 7716. I have an 8716 and had a recent update but am not sure if it would apply to the 7716. Make a post in the firmware section of the forum and see if anyone can help you. I believe there is an update out there...I've come across a few but I'm not comfortable enough to recommend the update and be responsible for bricking your nvr.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR3_V3.1.1_160816 was what I came up with to be current

Benskii

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update I managed to get this working after about 20 hours going through settings. I will post here for any other unsuspecting users. From what I can see the capture schedule can only be set under the camera and not the NVR. So to get the snapshots to send with emails the capture schedule has to be set under the camera interface and not the NVR interface. Below is the capture schedule accessible through camera interface.

upload_2017-2-14_8-16-41.png

So for me I had to setup email through NVR then go to camera and set capture interface and I got email with attachments...

Leyton01

n3wb
Reaction score
For those who have tried this and succeeded in going to get some help:

Does the camera need an SD card to work like this?
What are the setting you have "capture parameter" screen (next one over from the above screenshot)
What do you have set up for the linkage on the line crossing alert on the camera and on the NVR?

I gather the NVR does the email sending and not the camera itself. Is this definitely the case and do you have your cameras plugged directly into the NVR or can they access the internet independently?