Hikvision Firmware Question

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have learned quite a bit reading this forum. One example is that some of the Hikvision cameras I purchased on Amazon had a non-chinese serial number on the box but when turn it on and go to the web interface the serial number has the CCCH in the middle of it.

My main reason for upgrading would be for security, there have been quite a few hacks released in the last few years and I would like to reduce my vulnerability surface as much as possible. NONE of my cameras are reachable from the Internet, they are all behind tight firewalls and other defenses but nothing is perfect so I would like to upgrade the firmware.

Given that I have a number of Hikvision cameras with CCH in the serial number that are mostly on 5.2.5 and a few on 5.1, what is the best course of action to upgrade the firmware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Given that I have a number of Hikvision cameras with CCH in the serial number that are mostly on 5.2.5 and a few on 5.1, what is the best course of action to upgrade the firmware.
Without knowing the specific models of the cameras it's not possible to give a definitive answer except to suggest that you are likely to end up with either a bricked camera if you use the EN/ML firmware, or Chinese menus if you use the CN firmware.
For an R0 series camera (DS-2CD2x32) there is a method to convert CN cameras to upgradeable EN versions that will work with the EN/ML firmware : Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the response, I will give that a try with one of the 2132s.

Some of the models:
DS-2CD2732
DS-2CD2532
DS-2CD2132
DS-2CD2142
DS-2CD2342