Hikvision Ghosting

dalepa

Reaction score
Starting to see some ghosting after the latest updates...

tips?

ghosting starts about 5 seconds from the start.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you downgrade the firmware and see if thats the problem?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Try setting the iframe interval to be half the fps.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a technical explanation for the I-frame setting? I do notice when I change the FPS, the I-frame changes with it, but why is it even an option to change?

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a technical explanation for the I-frame setting? I do notice when I change the FPS, the I-frame changes with it, but why is it even an option to change?
I frames are the "key" frames with the most data.

The typical Group Of Pictures (GOP) structure is IBBPBBP... The I-frame is used to predict the first P-frame and these two frames are also used to predict the first and the second B-frame. The second P-frame is predicted using the first P-frame and they join to predict the third and fourth B-frames. The scheme is shown in the next picture:
View attachment 118
This structure suggests a problem because the fourth frame (a P-frame) is needed in order to predict the second and the third (B-frames). So we need to transmit the P-frame before the B-frames and it will delay the transmission (it will be necessary to keep the P-frame).

Example of a GOP structure
This structure has strong points:
##It minimizes the problem of possible uncovered areas.
##P-frames and B-frames need less data than I-frames, so less data is transmitted.
But it has weak points:
##It increases the complexity of the decoder, which can mean more memory is needed to rearrange the frames.
##The interpolated frames (namely B-frames) require more motion vectors which means an increased bit rate.

Clear as mud!!! The more I frames the more bandwidth is used. But when you have fast motion it is better.

dalepa

Reaction score
My FPS was 30, so I changed my iframe to 15. So far, no ghosting, but i've only see this a few times, so Im not sure if the problem still exits.

n4gry

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Only time will tell....... But I think you are on the right track. :) With the fast motion of the birds I can see where this could be a problem.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ghosting effect is due to the digital noise reduction filter of the camera. Turn it off and the ghosting will dissapear. In fact the higher the noise reduction is, the worse the ghosting effect becomes. I have confirmed that it has nothing to do with the frame rate of the I-frame interval. The above tests were done with my HIK 2CD-2332 camera with firmware 5.1.6.

DTF

n3wb
Reaction score
On dalepa opening video I saw a red quadrant for which I believe that represent motion detection. How to set up that quadrant on Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I camera with the V5.2.0 build 140721 firmware?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, the red box is not a function of the hikvision camera but rather blue iris, the software he was using to record the video.