Hikvision IE Plugin Not Working with Windows 10

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just upgraded to Windows 10. I can't get access to my Hikvision NVR. It tells me I need to install the plugin, which I do... reboot- and it won't let me access- just keeps telling me I need to install the Plugin. I've tried IE, Chrome - neither work. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Click the 3 dots at the top right of the page and select open with internet explorer.

Chrome is still working (version 44.0.2403.130m) but you may have to accept the plugin again by clicking the jigsaw icon with a red X at the right-hand side of the address bar.

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DOH! Silly me- when I click the IE icon to open it, I just ASSUMED it was actually IE! Clicking the 3 dots worked. Thanks guys!

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
could always use a virtual machine. id rather not have the questionable plugin's being loaded into my main computer and use a virtual machine that has all the obscure, and not necessary stable software in it. older versions of ie seem to work better with things such as netsurveillance anyway.

Reaction score
Sir,

I am facing the same problem, but from above conversation, I fail to understand 3 dots and bla blabla.
Will you please paste some screen shot for the same?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone sort out a couple of noob questions for me please. I've been using some Panasonic IP cameras for years without problems and never really poked into how they worked because they just worked.

I've just bought a couple of Hikvision ones and am surprised to find that they also seem to need an activeX plug in. It seems that the whole word and his dog is abandoning ActiveX with only I.E. still supporting it.

Does that mean that I have bought a pup that's on the edge of extinction with these cameras?

I HOPE that I am just mistaken and have made some simple mistake. The grand plan is to integrate the cameras into a Synology Surveillance Station and I don't really want to be tied to I.E.

Thanks

Mark

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as you can pull an ONVIF-compliant RTSP stream from the cam (which Hik's do support), you'll be fine once they are set up the way you like.
I use Firefox on Windows 10 and can fully configure the hik cams (with a plugin installed from the cam).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
OK, Thanks - I'll have a play about tonight. I might need a bit of help as I'm not familiar with the terms you use, HOWEVER it's really encouraging that I haven't bought a pup!

Thanks

I'll post back with my results.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Worth a good look in my view, and probably not well known, is the Hikvision BatchConfigTool download here : http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/16 Batch Config Tool/
Unlike SADP, the Windows batch config tool can comprehensively configure pretty well anything on an NVR or camera, independent of the need for browser access.
And one of the many good points is that it's language-independent.
Here is an example on a full Chinese 3335 (menus and regions) camera.
cam47.jpg

Reaction score
I had a good poke about in the config but the only options that I could find were to switch from H.264 or MJPEG. I feel like I'm missing something!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a good poke about in the config but the only options that I could find were to switch from H.264 or MJPEG.
Using the BatchConfigTool?
Via the strangely_hidden_until_you_mouseover settings wheel in the Configuration column, using a valid password?

Reaction score
I have to work away for a few days so I won't be able to reply (or rather test any suggestions) - but I will continue with this as I need to get it working!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Worth a good look in my view, and probably not well known, is the Hikvision BatchConfigTool download here : http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/porta...Config Tool/
Batch mode? Sorry but I don't see it.
It's not the camera - it's a separate Windows program that communicates with the camera and NVR. You don't need the browser for most config tasks.

*edit* Updated link - looks like the site structure has changed : http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/00 Software Tool Package/16 Batch Config Tool/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay - I've had a few issues.

The Hickvision link doesn't work - I get page not found.

I find all of this most strange that a company can sell a camera - a I.P. web camera, that you can't get to using a browser without having to do all of this!

I guess fundamentally it due to me not understanding too much about how I.P. cameras actually work.

If someone could send a tested link to the HickVision software it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks

mark

Reaction score
OK - that's all installed and I can get to a WHOLE load of other settings which is GREAT - thanks.

I still can't see how to change the output so that I can get to look at it over the internet via a browser.

Making progress though!

Thanks

Mark

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I still can't see how to change the output so that I can get to look at it over the internet via a browser.
that's a matter of configuing your router to allow access to you cam's internal IP address from outside your network.