Hikvision image is blurred. Opened, cleaned, resealed with silcone. Condensation problems.

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the camera just not sealed or something? I have no idea what to do, I've opened it like maybe 10 times in the past 2 months. It'll return to this state with the fogged image. Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What environment is it in? What style camera? Is there room for a desiccant packet inside the case?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Frustrating, I’ve had the same problem. Did you replace or dry out the desiccant packet before resealing the camera? I did that and dried the dissembled camera with a hair dryer and haven’t had a problem since.

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
Frustrating, I’ve had the same problem. Did you replace or dry out the desiccant packet before resealing the camera? I did that and dried the dissembled camera with a hair dryer and haven’t had a problem since.

No, I did not. Do you think it makes a difference. Plus theres those annoying white transparent rings around it as well. I installed two of them, one is underneath a cover looking at my driveway with clear image quality and some of those white rings, and the other one (the image above) is exposed and mounted on my brick wall and I can't see anything lol.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
typical dome fog. usually due to the foam ring around the lens having gotten brittle or dislodged such that it doesn't make good contact with the inside of the dome. replace the foam ring. or add another layer of black felt ring on top of it if you cannot replace.

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
typical dome fog. usually due to the foam ring around the lens having gotten brittle or dislodged such that it doesn't make good contact with the inside of the dome. replace the foam ring. or add another layer of black felt ring on top of it if you cannot replace.
I think you may be right. Where can I buy the hikvision foam rings?