Hikvision image quality and camera request

Reaction score
Hello,

i basically want to ask two different question regarding the same problems we are facing.
Currently at work we got a a setup in which we take pictures with a raspberry pi and it's 8MP camera. The trigger for it is a pascal program which calls standard linux (or in this case the raspistill) commands.
The camera itself is around 2m and 20cm away from the objects we need the pictures from. The reason for that is the size of the objects we are filming.
Because of safety reasons we now need to switch towards cameras with IP65.
For that reason we got us ourselves a hikvision DS-2CD2085FWD-I (2.8mm) 8MP camera to test with.

Through the snapshot possibility ('http://admin:password@192.168.1.64/Streaming/channels/1/picture') we could easily get images but we noticed a difference between the quality of the hikvision and raspberry image.
(both got 8MP, but text and barcodes are almost impossible to read at 2m20cm). The resolution is set to the maximum, as well as the bitrate and the video quality.
Taking a picture with the rtsp-stream results in the same quality. Taking a picture with the hikvision ivms program (even using the bitmap filetype) doesn't help either.

So now there are two questions:
1. Does anybody know if we could somehow get pictures with better quality out of the hikvision camera?
2. Is there a camera out there which would let us realize our project?
(simple connection via ethernet, simple snapshot command, same quality or better as raspberry pi camera and IP 65)

Thanks in advance, i really appreciate your help!