HikVision installation - NO LINK - Cameras not detected on NVR

Shan_OB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
My husband and I are new to the home security world and have hired 2 ‘professionals’ to install our cameras and both have been unsuccessful! We are pulling our hair out! Here’s where we’re at:
We are installing POE Hikvision. Our NVR is connected to our modem - we know that much... When we first set them up we had the cameras working however one of the ‘professionals’ updated the software (SADP tool) and now the cameras are not being recognised. The just won’t connect?! All cameras are set to ‘Plug & Play’ with I.P addresses added correctly. Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I might be doing wrong? TIA!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I might be doing wrong?
It would help so much to provide useful suggestions if you provide some detail, ideally some screenshots.

Eg
Model of NVR and firmware version.
Models of cameras and firmware version.
How the cameras are connected.
Screenshot of the NVR web GUI 'Camera Management' page.
Screenshot of SADP when the PC is connected to an unused NVR PoE port, to show the camera status and IP addresses.

Would you be able to power a camera from an external 12v power supply, and connect it to a router port?