HikVision IP door bell usage with HIK-Connect app only (with no indoor screens)

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking to set-up a system with kv8413 door bell (4 buttons, poe, wifi, connected to internet) for a 4 apartments small building.
Only 1 user wants an indoor screen; the 3 others would like to have only HIK-Connect on their mobiles and to receive door bell calls on phones.

I understand that the HIK-Connect app association with the apartments is made by scanning a QRcode generated on the indoor screen previously linked to the apartment.

Since I have 3 locations with no screen… how to solve that!?

I was thinking to link the only indoor screen I have to the 4 apartments, one after the other. Every time the screen will be linked to an apartment, the apartment owner will scan the QRcode and activate its app HIK-Connect (hoping the QR code is dynamically generated and it’s specific to each apartment and not to the screen itself).

What do you think, is such a configuration possible?

Is there anyone willing to help and test the process I am thinking at on a running system?

Cheers, BT

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That wont work. The mentioned outdoor unit is not working standalone. And when you do what you wrote, then the LAST linkage will rule. so other 3 will not receive any call. You need an indoor unit in order to receive hik connect call.

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
I see... it's like the QR code doesn’t contain only connection parameters related information, but a linkage to the screen identifiers (or something) as well. Any idea what is happening if the screen is OFF? Is hik-connect still receiving calls?