Hikvision iVMS-4200 v2.6.2.7 (Windows)(English) (NEW!)

dealpapa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  • Software Name:

Hikvision iVMS-4200 v2.6.2.7 (Windows)(English) (NEW!)

• Software Size:

• Software Description:

Software Version: v2.6.2.7

iVMS-4200 is a versatile video management software for the DVRs, NVRs, IP cameras,encoders decoders, etc. It provides multiple functionalities, including real-time live view, video recording, remote search and playback, file backup, etc., for the connected devices to meet the needs of monitoring task. With the flexible distributed structure and easy-to-use operations, the client software is widely applied to the surveillance projects of medium or small scale.

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 7/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit),
    Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit),
    Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)

V2.6.2.7 Key Updates:

1. Upgraded the security structure.

2. Remove password reset strategy.
http://www1.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.html

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From the IPVM article:
The admin password is encrypted with AES in ECB mode, and is then Base64 encoded, finally adding "khd" and "cpz". This is responsible for the lack of entropy and behavior upon varying passphrases. AES in ECB mode is susceptible to a plaintext recovery attack, allowing an attacker to determine the blocksize, offset, and finally attack the ciphertext. As a result, the attacker would be able to determine the key/password used for encryption and could then decrypt the hash trivially.
I haven't looked (I don't use iVMS4200) - but I would not be surprised if Hikvision use the same standard "EVP_aes_256_ecb();" keys as they use in the camera firmware.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the latest version of iVMS4200. For one thing it cut back my processor time in half. I am running 15 cameras with room for one more and I did not want to add another with the earlier version. Now I can if I choose to do so with the latest version.