Hikvision line crossing detection setup and testing with BlueIris

Aries7602

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a DS-2CD2347G2-LU and it's running nicely with BlueIris. However, I've had no luck getting line crossing detection to work. I set it up but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm configuring it through my chrome browser using the Hikvision webpage.
I've created the line, A <-> B direction, detecting both humans and vehicles, sensitivity 70%, and target validity on basic. Lots of cars pass the line but nothing indicates it's being activated. I tried turning recording on in the Hikvision settings but that didn't make any difference.
This is assuming there some way to actually test it within the Hikvision web browser? I've seen demos on youtube which show the line crossing being activated but they are all with Hikvision NVR's which have different settings available.
I've turned on BI triggers to act on the Camera digital input/motion alarm as the source and it doesn't trigger anything in BI either. So I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to get this working.

EDIT: so I did a lot of digging over 2 days. I started off with getting basic motion detection indicating. I had to install the web plug in (chrome) to get the Live parameters configuration tab. Then I selected Enable rules and green boxes started showing up. I then switched to Line Detection and that's now showing as working it the Live View as well. I'm getting there. Just need to figure out how to get the events triggering in Blue Iris now.

EDIT 2: Fixed the BI triggering issues. I hadn't set the port number correctly for the OVNIF on BI. Rookie error. I used Find/Inspect function on the Network IP configuration and it found the correct port (I'd set up the IP and make manually before, it's now selected a Generic/ONVIF camera as make, whereas before I had selected the correct Hikvision model but that didn't work strangely). I'm just hoping this info might be useful for anyone else that runs into these issues. The information is out there, it's just not so easy to find.

Last edited: