hikvision MicIn and LineIn issue

neniga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to hook up a mic to these two cameras:
2CD2135F-IS (firmware 5.3.6. build 151221)
2CD2942F-IWS (firmware 5.3.3. build 151016)
Unfortunately I cannot switch the audio from LineIn to MicIn

On my third camera (2CD21FWD-IS, firmware 5.3.8. build 151224) I do have the choice between LineIn and MicIn, and the attached mic works fine (cheap acm-1 mic).

How can I set the cameras to MicIn? Do I have to update the firmware to enable the MicIn feature?
What kind of mic would possibly work with LineIn?

Thanks for your help,
Alex

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
microphone input is typically a very low level signal, and is mono. A line in will be expecting a much higher input level, and will usually be stereo.

Mic input uses an internal pre-amp and Line-In uses an external pre-amp.. if you dont have hardware support for a microphone input you'll have to use an external amplified mic.

neniga

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Jack B Nimble for the link to the mics at aliexpress, pretty much what I have in mind of using. However, if I cannot switch my cameras' setting to MicIn, these mics will not work. An external pre-amp is not an option, I only have the poe power available at the location of the cams.

I am just confused as to why the two cameras (2CD2135F-I and 2CD2942F-IWS) cannot be switched between the to settings. Could anyone confirm that the two cameras cannot be set to MicIn?

neniga

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 2135 and the control is in the video audio tab. Mine version 5.3.6
I know where to switch between MicIn and LineIn, but my 2135 does not give me the option to switch, it only displays LineIn. Since you have the same cam and both option available, mine might be a lemon. :(

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with 2 new on the fritzDS-2CD3145F-IS so I am pretty sure it is a firmware issue?
Did anyone ever find the cause?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Like Nayr said, it's a hardware issue. the 21xx has an built-in amp circuit, while the 31xx and other models do not, thus don't offer the
configuration option to switch to mic-in. your only (good) option is to use an externally powered mic, using a PoE splitter if needed,
as pointed out by JbN...