Hikvision ''Network unreachable''

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using the NVR: DS-7600

I am trying to connect my three cameraes to this NVR, and I have managed to connect one of them.
The camera that I have managed to connect has differnt password from the other two. The other two has same passord, but these two shows only ''the network is unreachable'' and no image/video is displayed, only says no link.

I have tried the SADP tool, but I my cameraes dont show up here. Are there any settings that i can do in my NVR to get the last two cameraes connected?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried the SADP tool, but I my cameraes dont show up here. Are there any settings that i can do in my NVR to get the last two cameraes connected?
I could speculate that the cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NVR, in which case SADP on a PC connected to the LAN will not see them.
But if you connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port - it will then find them, and you will be able to correct the IP addresses of the cameras that have the 'Network unreachable' error. No need to change the PC IP address.
What IP address will you need to use? They need to match what is set in the respective NVR channels. These can be seen on the NVR web GUI, under Camera Management.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson,

Thank you for the quick reply.
Your question about what IP address I will use... I really dont know. Is it a default value somewhere? And what is the Web GUI?

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And yes - my NVR has built in POE ports:)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
And what is the Web GUI?
Its what you get when you point a browser at the NVR IP address.
But you'll get the same info via the VGA/HDMI interface, you are looking for the IP addresses that are set on the NVR PoE channels, likely to be something like 192.168.254.2,3,4,5 etc

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have now changed the IP adresses under cameramanagement on my NVR tho match the IP-adresses that shows up for each camera in SADP, but it still wont work.
The nvr says username or passord is wrong but the passwords I have in the manual to the cameraes is correctly entered . Is there a way to change these??

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have now changed the IP adresses under cameramanagement on my NVR tho match the IP-adresses that shows up for each camera in SADP, but it still wont work.
No - it was the other way round.
I could speculate that the cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NVR, in which case SADP on a PC connected to the LAN will not see them.
But if you connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port - it will then find them, and you will be able to correct the IP addresses of the cameras that have the 'Network unreachable' error
If the NVR PoE channels are still using the original default IP addresses and you have not changed them (can you confirm that they are 192.168.254.2,3,4,5 etc ?) you needed to change the camera IP addresses, using SADP when the PC is connected to a spare PoE port, as I suggested.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same IP-adresse (see images)
But now my status-messages is ''The username or the password is wrong''. I have tried to type in the correct passwords but still it leaves me with these status messages.
I have tried to use SADP to reset the passwords on the two cameraes, but still nothing happens.

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
so many ways to do this
What I do is say get my nvr on Sadap activate it then once it gets an ip from my net work
Eg 192.1681.155 I write that number down then and uncheck the dchp box so it will stay on that ip number using a power supply with the LAN cable plugged into my router get
1 camera at a time run sadap find the camera put in the admin and the password for that camera
Give it an address eg 192.168.1.20 and keep all passwords the same then when the nvr is on line I go into camera management enter 192.168.1.20 click manual not plug and play enter admin and password and the cameras IP address click save then on the bottom righ click save it then says connecting you might want to try resetting those cameras back if the passwords are wrong

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. But the problem now is that the passwords I got are wrong and I wish to change them. The password for the two cameraes I have problem with are different from the one that is connected and works fine.

The IP-addresses are the same (I think), so my main concern now is to get the passwords correct.

I am kinda new to IP-cameraes and really appreciate your help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A suggestion to try:
Connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port.
Change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.100
Start SADP and check what IP addresses are showing for the cameras.
Start the IE11 browser, and put the camera IP addresses in the address field.
You should see login prompts for each of the cameras.

Try logging in to the cameras, with username=admin, and using what you think are the passwords that have been set.
If not accepted, try logging in with the NVR password, in case the Plug&Play facility of the NVR has managed to integrate the camera into its management.

IP addresses to check, from your screenshots:

If the second screenshot is SADP, it looks like an old version. V3.x can be downloaded from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I try to enter ie 192.168.254.3 in my broswer window, nothing comes up. I use the SADP, and all cameraes are visibile there.
I have tried to use the passwords on my cameraes, the same as the NVR but it does not work. None of the passwords work on these two cameraes.

Also when I try to change something on the cameraes in SADP, i get faultcode 001 and 002.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
can you use the camera password reset tool on each camera you will need to power up each camera one at a time and use the tool it's on this forum

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried. But I do not get the password recovery option in SADP.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do not see what make of Camera, BUT let's take a punt.
The DEFAULT password for Hikvision units is 12345 with the username admin, this is what you would need make any change using the SADP tool.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! I have tried this one also. The cameraes ar DS-2CD3145F-IS. I am desperate to get this thing working now. Been trying for 3 days... Appreciate all help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To access the cameras on the NVR PoE ports, you needed to also change the PC IP address to something suitable :
"Connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port.
Change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.100"

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Network & Sharing Centre | Local Area Connection | Properties | Internet Protocol Version 4 | Properties