Hikvision no longer selling to the end user

FlexiPack

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had an online chat with a sales rep at Use-IP. I was interested in Hikvision IP cam and NVR and he/she told me that as of today Hikvision do not want their products sold to the end user; only to installers. All my research had to led me to Hikvision being one of the best and also within my budget. So it's back to the drawing board for me :(

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just had an online chat with a sales rep at Use-IP. I was interested in Hikvision IP cam and NVR and he/she told me that as of today Hikvision do not want their products sold to the end user; only to installers. All my research had to led me to Hikvision being one of the best and also within my budget. So it's back to the drawing board for me :(
How would they police this though?

Seems unworkable to me.

Would you have to register with them as an installer? If so, would there be a fee?

What about the resellers en EBay etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Seems unworkable to me.

Would you have to register with them as an installer? If so, would there be a fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Chinese sellers, hikvision always want to kill them, but they still there, i can get them too, so most suppliers can still sell, no worry. Though I just sell dahua, lol...those Chinese sellers sell too low and ruin the profit of Hikvision overseas, this is the problem.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want Hikvision it's probably easiest to just buy from an LTS re-seller.

FlexiPack

n3wb
Reaction score

Seems unworkable to me.

Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions. I'm just a home user looking to buy a small 1x IP cam and NVR setup.

If you want Hikvision it's probably easiest to just buy from an LTS re-seller.
What's does LTS stand for?

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions. I'm just a home user looking to buy a small 1x IP cam and NVR setup.

What's does LTS stand for?
If you let me know what you want I could possibly get it for you.

Regards

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All my research had to led me to Hikvision being one of the best and also within my budget. So it's back to the drawing board for me :(
Check out the Dahua sub-forum on here. IMO, they're also one of the best, and have a lot of models at different price-points. Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) in post #3 has an AliExpress store that a ton of folks here have been using to buy from. Super friendly guy!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the tip, i'll take a look
No problem. Quick heads up in case you haven't seen these models before, but the most popular Dahua cameras are from the Starlight series. They are 2MP combined with a bigger Sony image sensor (STARVIS). That combination makes for the best night-time/low-light image quality. They're the equivalent of Hikvision's new Ultra Low-light series. May seem weird to see people get so excited about 2MP cameras (when there are 4MP+ models out there), but that bigger Sony sensor inside of them makes a world of difference if you're recording anything where it gets darker at night.

Taomar

n3wb
Reaction score
@aristobrat

Is this a list of the ultra low Hikvision you refer to:

The DarkFighter Family

Newly added models:

DS-2CD4026FWD (-A)(P) 2MP Ultra Low-Light Box Network Camera

DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ(H)(S) 2MP IR Array Bullet Network Camera

DS-2CD4626FWD-IZ(H)(S) 2MP IR Array Vandal-proof Bullet Network Camera

DS-2CD4526FWD-IZ(H) 2MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera

DS-2CD4126FWD-IZ 2MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera

DS-2DF6223-AEL 2MP 23X Network PTZ Dome Camera

Existing models:

DS-2CD6026FHWD-(A)2 MP Ultra Low-light Box Network Camera

DS-2DF8223I-AEL 2MP 23X Network IR PTZ Dome Camera

How would you compare the Hikvision cameras to the Dashua 5231?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@aristobrat

Is this a list of the ultra low Hikvision you refer to:

The DarkFighter Family

Newly added models:

DS-2CD4026FWD (-A)(P) 2MP Ultra Low-Light Box Network Camera

DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ(H)(S) 2MP IR Array Bullet Network Camera

DS-2CD4626FWD-IZ(H)(S) 2MP IR Array Vandal-proof Bullet Network Camera

DS-2CD4526FWD-IZ(H) 2MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera

DS-2CD4126FWD-IZ 2MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera

DS-2DF6223-AEL 2MP 23X Network PTZ Dome Camera

Existing models:

DS-2CD6026FHWD-(A)2 MP Ultra Low-light Box Network Camera

DS-2DF8223I-AEL 2MP 23X Network IR PTZ Dome Camera

How would you compare the Hikvision cameras to the Dashua 5231?
Any one can get some of the models compared ? i will support him. lol....

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
...They are 2MP combined with a bigger Sony image sensor (STARVIS).
They're not bigger than standard sensors of the same size/type. The use a different basic design. The structure of the individual pixel elements in the Exmor-R (and higher-sensitivity Starviz versions of) are back-illuminated and reversed vs that of more typical front-illuminated sensors. That is, in a front-illuminated element, the light has to travel through the electronics to reach the photodiode. In the back-illuminated design, Sony flipped it to put the diode on top and the electronics under providing a larger and more direct light path. See illustration below.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
And what an unprofessional way for Hikvision to do business - they clearly have no respect for their supply chain, and no idea how to communicate in business.
If Dahua are more thoughtful and entrepreneurial in their business development, they could take serious advantage of this change.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This rather unfortunate news is tipping me towards creating a public 'how-to' thread on the fairly easy tweaks that allow an R0 CN camera purchased at low cost via the Aliexpress / eBay sellers to be converted into a full EN/ML upgradeable camera.
I'm sure the Aliexpress purchase route is still going to be available - clever people these Chinese especially when there is money in play.

I've been doing a fair bit, probably too much, of this via 'Conversations' in private so that Hikvision don't take notice and block it in future firmware.
Unless there is a Hikvision mole in the forum that I've provided the recipe to.
But maybe they could care less now on R0 series.
Still sitting on the fence on this.
Comments welcome.