hikvision not sending emails

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a new hikvision IP camera that won't work with the gmail settings I have put in for motion detection. Same settings work on my nvr but not camera. Any ideas?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
What firmware are you using? Try defaulting the camera and trying again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
post an image of your network settings tab in the camera...

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll post a photo when I get home in a couple hours of the settings. I thought the firmware was fairly recent...

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
V5.1.2 build 140116 is the firmware

model
DS-2CD2132-I

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe your preferred dns server should be set to google 8.8.8.8 not your router ip address.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Upgraded to 5.1.6 and the test emails work but still won't attach an image and send email upon detection of email

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yup I did. I got a question though...do I have to draw the area or can I leave it blank which it is now

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well evidently I'm an idiot because now it works once I drew the area. I thought it worked with the entire screen unless told otherwise. I also tried a different email besides my isp email that is supported by google, I used an actual gmail address.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using gmail in 5.2.0, port 465, SSL enabled, smtp.gmail.com for smtp server. It kept failing. I logged into email and gmail had said it was blocking outside access. I had to go into its security and allow access from "less secure" devices (i.e. anything not a browser), thus letting it function as a service account. Hopefully hikvision's lazy security approach won't compromise the account. Of course, I'm not using my main gmail account. I have a second mostly worthless one I use for this, and the camera itself will just email that account, which I then within gmail have set to forward to my primary, so that my primary is not mentioned in the camera at all.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
good advice on the email.. I created a new email with our provider and use it to send alerts.. originally had it set to use our main email.

kimbakat

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe your preferred dns server should be set to google 8.8.8.8 not your router ip address.
In CERTAIN cases like VERIZON FIOS routers you will use your routers address as PRIMARY and SECONDARY...not google's.

If email tests are NOT working for some Hikvision cameras using gmail..use port 465.

AND there are a lot of quirky things going on with VERIZONs Port forwarding.

If you have multiple cameras...We started HTTP Port on camera 1 as port 81..and increased each camera incrementally by one port number.

Same with RTSP (554,555,556 etc) ,
HTTPS (443,444,445 etc.) and
Server port....(8091, 8092, 8093 etc)

NO PORT NUMBER should NEVER be the same among multiple cameras (If you are using VERIZON Fios routers - could be the same issue for others I dont know..but I've spent days on this issue) INDIVIDUAL and separate sequential port numbers for each camera SOLVES a lot of issues like the stream doesn't show up or you have the same stream image coming in from what appears to be a different camera.

There is a port number in the high 80s...87 (I think) that CANNOT be used so you might have to skip if you have more than six cameras.