Hikvision NVR 7616 - Playback help wanted

beek

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently picked up a HIK 7600 series NVR, I am converting from using my Synology NAS as my NVR. I have the camera config and recording mostly figured out but regarding playback via the NVR using web browser.

Q1. Is there a configuration or button I am missing to playback multiple camera's in a time sync mode? It seems I can only play/pause etc one camera at a time and not chronologically.

Q2. I have an onvif camera, I want to have motion activated. It appears I have to do it at the camera since the NVR doesn't seem to be able to, what do I need to trigger channel wise from the camera to record? Anything or will it automatically record when the camera detects motion?

Any other setup advice would be great appreciated!

Thanks guys.
James

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an NVR 7716. I don't know how similar the software is to your 7616. And I'm new to this and still struggling to understand things and get them working like I want. That said, regarding your Q2, I suddenly found my motion detection not working. I eventually discovered that I had toggled off 'scheduled recording' because I figured since I was not recording by schedule, only by motion, that I didn't need scheduling. Wrong.

On my 7716, under 'Recording Configuration', Schedule. There is a checkbox to Enable Schedule and the 'Type' of schedule defaults to Continuous. I toggle it to Event.

Maybe this will work for you, or maybe it's not applicable to the 7616. I dunno, but it's worth checking out.

You may also want to find the User Manual at the HikVision site under Support.

Stephen Lu

n3wb
Reaction score
most of standalone NVR system doesn't support playback multiple on the web.

First, it need to think about synchronous playback.
Second, if the NVR send the all of channel stream data to the web browser, it need to modify max connections and consider how many throughout can be use.

Especially if you setup the 4Mbps for each channel, NVR need to send 96Mbps to your web browser.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
most of standalone NVR system doesn't support playback multiple on the web.
The 7816 (and presumably the 7616) do support multiple camera playback on the web GUI.
Especially if you setup the 4Mbps for each channel, NVR need to send 96Mbps to your web browser.
No, that's not how it works.
If you check it out, you'll find that the traffic level to the PC stays approximately constant with different numbers of active windows on playback.
First, it need to think about synchronous playback.
Synchronous playback works just fine on the VGA/HMDI interface.
Sure, it would be good if it was also available on the web GUI, however you can get pretty close to it by specifying the playback time, selecting each camera, applying the playback time, quickly repeating.