Hikvision NVR and Poe injector.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi I have a DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR running 3 cameras, one of which is a DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P ANPR. My power supply has just died, and I have ordered a new one. Once I have installed it I'm wondering if I can use a Poe injector with the anpr camera to relieve some pressure off the NVR Poe as it's about a 35m run of cable. I'm running a 10TB Seagate Skyhawk and a 2TB Seagate Skyhawk. I recently installed the 10TB and thought maybe that was a bit more demanding on the power supply causing it to die? I'm not sure of the injector brand I have.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two of the same Hikvision NVR's that you do. One of them is running virtually 3 of same model cameras that you have but they are not the ANPR versions. I also have a total of 8 cameras on each NVR. I do have a couple of cameras with power injectors but they are ptz cameras. All I can say is I do not have any power issues. It may well be that you just have a bad power supply. You can pull up the menu that shows how much power each camera is pulling.

Edit: Those are my favorite cameras with the 1/1.8" sensors. :)

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think heat may have been an issue. I had a tv decoder sitting on top of the NVR and a couple of weeks prior to it dying the fans were clogged with dust. Plus I just added the 10TB drive which would have made more heat. I'm thinking about adding a bigger fan to help remove heat from the unit

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Adding a fan will help. I have 12TB in one NVR and 10TB in the 2nd NVR. They are all Western Digital Purple hard drives. Maybe the location of the unit is a problem and the fan would help the situation.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have ordered a new fan to replace the stock power supply fan, which runs at 30.2db. the Noctua fan runs at 14db which should make the NVR a lot quieter.