Hikvision NVR & Camera analytics / behavior analysis

Reaction score
My NVR is a DS-7616N1-K2/16P (V3.4.103) with several 2CD2142FWD-I (English upgradable firmware) connected to it. Sometimes it will show blue lines indicating where my intrusion lines & line crossing lines are placed for each camera. However, it will not always show these lines. Even when I restart the NVR. Also, when an object moves on screen a green box appears and follows the moving object but only sometimes.

My question is: How do I keep these blue & green boxes to stay on and show 24/7 on the monitor?

Also, in the iVMS-4500 app (android) I can get these blue & green boxes to appear on command if while in live view I switch my phones network connection from WiFi to LTE or vise versa. Once I click on a particular camera to fill the phone's screen, the boxes disappear and will only return if I change the phone's network connection again.

Thank you in advance.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This may be firmware related. I have the 8 channel version (DS-7608NI-K2/8P) and cannot get this to work on the local display. If you login to the NVR webpage and select Configuration > Local then enable rules the line crossing, motion, intrusion lines and detected objects will be shown but only when viewing via the webpage. I'm sure you used to be able to switch it on and off somewhere in the NVR menu for the locally connected monitor but the option is no longer there

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sometimes I have to turn off RULES and turn them back on and my lines will show up.

This sometimes needs to be done on both the NVR and Cameras.

Reaction score
Tried enabling rules then saving and nothing changed same for disabling rules and saving. Nothing changed. Must be a firmware issue. Damn.