Hikvision-NVR connected to Network Keyboard

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys....and gals. First post. I have a Hikvision DS-7604N1-Q1/4P NVR. I have 3 Hikvision cameras being controlled and recorded by the NVR. I have no issues with this.:cool:

My question is this: Is this model of NVR compatible with a Hikvision IP Network keyboard? More specifically, the DS-1200KI joystick/keyboard? In looking through my NVR manual, it doesn't mention anything about using a network keyboard. Hikvision's website doesn't seem to offer any clue, either. I want to be able to easily operate my two IP PTZ cameras and take snapshot with my fixed camera. I am not really fond of using a cordless mouse to operate the manual PTZ functions through the NVR.

I have a cheap network keyboard I bought off of Amazon a couple of years ago with a built in color display, but it seems the only way to link at least 1 camera is through ONVIF, which seems to be hit-n-miss on a good day. I have a decent amount of latency in the control of the PTZ function with the old keyboard. The old keyboard finds all 3 cameras on the network, but I have only been able to successfully control one of them. The other two cameras are accused of having an incorrect password, which I know that the password is correct. I don't know if it is the lack of quality of the keyboard or if the NVR doesn't want to play nice with it .:banghead:

Anyone have a setup simular to this that can shed some light?

Thanks,

Last edited: