Hikvision NVR does not detect long distance IP Camera

saffar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have Hikvision DS-7616nxi-I2/16P/4S and 8MB IP camera DS-2CD2T83G0-I8
Alston Network Cable Cat6E full copper 23AWG
when connecting the camera the NVR will not detect the camera (31 meters long ) if i connect to 2 meter ready made patch cable the camera works fine
I have tested the cable all pins are fine
I tested with builtin NVR POE and external POE switch

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same nvr and am setting it up.

Could the POE suffer loss over that distance?

I hope not as I have 8 cams and probably a few that are closer to 20-25m runs.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

saffar

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tested in 30m not working
With built in Poe and external Poe switch both not working
I don’t know what is the problem

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like the cable, I’d check and test it again. Try something simple like pinging the cam to assess the connectivity and reliability.

saffar

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested many times all test ok
But No light in Poe switch
Ip scan not detecting
No ping

cable is cat6 Alston brand

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What does the POE power indicator show?

Maybe try to power the camera closer with a test POE switch using the existing cabling

GibonArt

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you get it fixed? Im facing same issue. 6 cameras of 8mpx connected. Longest cable around 90m. Nvr poe ports set to "long distance". 5 cameras come up fine, one stuck on "discovering ip cam" (shortest distance approx 20m). Picture won't come up. PoE manager shows there is power consumption but simply wont work. By checking manual for Ds-7608ni-i2/8p it says long distance should be for 6mpx camera at max. Haven't tried to set all to short distance as it is meant <100m which I fit into. Before I spend hours replacing already hidden cable I'd like to know if you had any luck

Attachments

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Should work to 100m flawlessly. It is most likely problem in cable or something near the cable that causes problem, might be high power cables going nearby, magnets or something else.

GibonArt

n3wb
Reaction score
So this got resolved ‍♂
It was pin7 on one of the RJ45 connectors. Funny enough the basic utp tester (only leds coming up) was lighting up just fine indicating no issues. I asked my supplier to lend me the IP Cam tester with screen etc. This then showed length is alright so I knew cable is not to blame. And it indicated pin 7 with red cross. I did replace the connector and voilá. I was relieved I don't have to fish new cable.

Conclusion? F*ck the cheap testers I ordered the cam tester which costs around 200 Euros but will save me time with setting up the right camera angles etc.