HIKVision NVR DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A LiveView issues

Reaction score
Hi All. I'm hoping someone can help with my NVR. I seem to have several issues with my NVR.

1)
My HIK NVR setup has two TRENDNET IP cameras set up on it via POE and configured via the Camera Configuration page via ONVIF protocol.
Recently I updated the firmware on the NVR and somehow lost the picture streams via the Liveview on the device. The IVMS iPhone app stopped working too.
Recently, I changed the LiveView parameters to UDP from TCP and the Liveview started working again for both cameras and the Channel Zero came back too. Great.
When I switch to TCP, the Liveview fails.
Question 1: Why does the Liveview seem to be working via UDP, but not via TCP.

2) I used to be able to click through to the individual TrendNet cameras via the NVR camera management page which has the Cameras on the different subnet IP. The camera status on the management page says the cameras are OK, however, now - there is no link to click on and I can no longer go into the camera via the direct method to get to the Trendnet camera configuration pages.
Any ideas why this may not be working anymore? Before I used to be able to click on the link and this would open up a new web page allowing me access this way. The link has disappeared.

3) DDNS Service
Since I updated the Firmware on my NVR, this seems to have changed the DDNS options available. I am using a NO-IP DDNS service, have this configured on the Internet so the URL I type in gets me back to my routers external IP address. I don't quite understand why I need the NVR DDNS configured as NOIP. At any rate I have put my details in there with the server address dynupdate.no-ip.com (is this right??!) and my account access details... however...service status does not change from 'Connect to server failed'.
What am I doing wrong? I have the Google DNS servers as well as my home gateway as secondary configured, but it doesn't work!? And once it should ever turn to 'Succeeded'... What does it actually do - seeing I have access to my box anyway from the Internet? What functionality does this actually provide?
The DNS servers I have configured on my NVR are the Google ones (8.8.8.8) as primary and my internal router as secondary.

any help much appreciated.

thanks