HikVision NVR Email Notifications stopped ....Help

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an NVR that, as of last Saturday was sending both; email notifications and Hik Connect Surveillance centre notifcations on motion detection.

However, the email notifications have stopped working. Nothing has changed on the NVR, nothing has changed on the email accounts either.

I went through setting up the email, step by step, once again. The sender address is gmail, so i've set up everything accordingly.

Interestingly when I use the test email function, it says successful, and a test email is received, but still, im not receiving email notifications on motion detection alert, only Hik Connect notifications.

Has anyone come across this before and knows how to fix? I've tried myself to no avail so thought i'd ask for help.

thanks so much,settings_nvr.JPG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interestingly when I use the test email function, it says successful, and a test email is received, but still, im not receiving email notifications on motion detection alert,
So the email config is confirmed as working OK.

The next item to check would be the Email tickbox in the Event page Linkage tab.
If still ticked, maybe untick, save, tick, save.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply - yes, gave the old toggle-ing of ticks a try....no joy :-(

tried both; on the events > basic events tab. And also on each of the cameras settings too.

emailticked.JPG

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a sensitivity setting on the area settings tab?

I don't use motion but do use line crossing emails with no issues.

Motion detection can inundate you with way to many unwanted emails.

Reaction score
There is and its set to 60 by default.

I dont use motion either, I use box intrusion and line crossing, but for some reason I can't access that stuff via this web Browser. I'll have to have a proper look later on the actual NVR interface.

I did contact HIk technical support, who've give me brand new firmware. will be trying that too.

JB3

n3wb
Reaction score
There is and its set to 60 by default.

I dont use motion either, I use box intrusion and line crossing, but for some reason I can't access that stuff via this web Browser. I'll have to have a proper look later on the actual NVR interface.

I did contact HIk technical support, who've give me brand new firmware. will be trying that too.
Did you ever solve this issue? Same exact thing just started happening to me this week.