Hikvision NVR IP CAMS LIVE VIEW From LAPTOP, PC and ANDROID PHONE

johnfsd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am very new to cctv cameras. As i needed a system i have purchased the

DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A with a 4TB hard drive
And some DS-2CD2142FWD-IS 4mm cameras and brackets.

Very pleased with them

The following is my basic understanding and a basic of how i have progressed with the system on my first day and which may help another newbie, but also please help me if i am wrong in my thinking and how i can change any settings that may help live viewing options

I can view all cameras in the NVR
I have setup port forwarding on router and can login on laptops and pcs to view live cameras using the correct encryption key (as the enable stream encryption is setup on the NVR). It took me a while to work out this was stopping me seeing a live stream at first, until i found where i needed to type the encryption key that can only be found on the NVR not logging in remote.

I can login from my andriod samsung s7, but can not view the live cameras as it asks for a plugin, am I correct in thinking it is no longer possible to view live cameras on an android using availble web browsers (google, firefox, puffin etc.) as I can not get a plugin and believe due to security updates on android browsers the older hikvision plugin no longer works with them?. So i gave up trying to get a live stream when i came to this conclusion and moved to the following.....

So to resolve not being able to view cameras on an android phone web browser I downloaded iVMS-4500.
I can login and see settings, but it would not give me a live camera connection; like the android browsers but this time it didnt ask for a plugin, it produced error 8200, when I turned off enable steam encryption on the NVR so no encryption key is needed, the live view works on iVMS-4500 and i no longer get the error.

Is there not a way of entering the encryption key in iVMS-4500 to have it work with encryption enabled, or is this not an option?

Well that sums up my day so far. Any idea on how safe it is to not have the encryption on?

Thanks for reading, hope it helps some and any help you can offer would be great. thanks

RAMEES

n3wb
Reaction score
Go to web browser open you DVR/NVR Local ip address
go to local setting
go to Encryption Key type any key or ABCDEF

johnfsd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, but this is what i have explained above, maybe not to well. This will display cameras on laptop and pc but will not display in ivms because it has encryption enabled. to view in ivms it has to be off. Also can not view cameras with direct ip address in an android web browser this is why i am having to use ivms.

johnfsd

n3wb
Reaction score
Can some one please help with the following, is there any security risk to having the platform access hik cloud p2p enabled without the stream encryption?? if i do i can access the cctv from both android ivms software and laptop/pc direct ip address. However i still wont be able to access from android web browser direct ip address as there is no plugin supported, but at least i have two options ivms and laptop/pc but this is depending on safety of it enabled without stream encryption.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i use Windows phone, Apple Ibone, Android tablets and phones, Pc`s and have never entered any encryption keys anywhere, tbh i have never looked but all devices work seamlessly with live views of cameras ??

If you are worried about security do not put your cameras/nvr on the internet, however if you accept that anything internet is not secure IVMS is fine on any device, for ease of access outside of your local lan dont forget to use Hiks DDNS

johnfsd

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you for the replys. I can now access without having the platform hik cloud p2p enabled, the firmware update fixed it.