Hikvision NVR ip issue and plug & play

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased 1 DS7608NI/E2/8P NVR and 3 DS2CD2T32-I5 cameras. I have had terrible trouble getting the camera's to work with the NVR. When I first got the cameras I plugged them into the POE ports of the NVR and thought that the plug and play feature meant that they would work out of the box - This still isn't working.

I have managed to get the cameras working now (see below) but I would like to know if anyone can explain why the plug and play feature isn't working.

First I had to plug the camera into my router and connect it to an external power supply (otherwise it wouldn't show in the SADP software). Then using the SADP software on the disc that came with the cameras I 'activated' the camera, set a admin password and then set the IP address to one of the addresses that the POE ports have allocated - 192.168.254.2/3/4 and set the gateway for the cameras to the router - 192.168.87.254. Interestingly the SADP software that I downloaded from Hikvision didn't have the activate feature which was frustrating, nor does the OSX version of iVMS-4200 (which I was initially using).

Once I done this, I had to connect the camera to one of the POE ports, and then on the NVR set that ports Camera settings to manual mode, and then change the IP address of the port to that of the camera connected, and enter the admin password - If I left it in plug and play mode it would never detect the camera/connect to the camera.

Is this what I should be doing ?

For information the firmware versions are:
NVR V3.0.10
Camera 5.3.0

I feel that this my be a firmware issue of the NVR, would it be sorted by upgrading the firmware - If so, where is the best place for me to get the latest firmware from??

I look forward to some advise,

James

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased 1 DS7608NI/E2/8P NVR and 3 DS2CD2T32-I5 cameras. I have had terrible trouble getting the camera's to work with the NVR. When I first got the cameras I plugged them into the POE ports of the NVR and thought that the plug and play feature meant that they would work out of the box - This still isn't working.

I have managed to get the cameras working now (see below) but I would like to know if anyone can explain why the plug and play feature isn't working.

First I had to plug the camera into my router and connect it to an external power supply (otherwise it wouldn't show in the SADP software). Then using the SADP software on the disc that came with the cameras I 'activated' the camera, set a admin password and then set the IP address to one of the addresses that the POE ports have allocated - 192.168.254.2/3/4 and set the gateway for the cameras to the router - 192.168.87.254. Interestingly the SADP software that I downloaded from Hikvision didn't have the activate feature which was frustrating, nor does the OSX version of iVMS-4200 (which I was initially using).

Once I done this, I had to connect the camera to one of the POE ports, and then on the NVR set that ports Camera settings to manual mode, and then change the IP address of the port to that of the camera connected, and enter the admin password - If I left it in plug and play mode it would never detect the camera/connect to the camera.

Is this what I should be doing ?

For information the firmware versions are:
NVR V3.0.10
Camera 5.3.0

I feel that this my be a firmware issue of the NVR, would it be sorted by upgrading the firmware - If so, where is the best place for me to get the latest firmware from??

I look forward to some advise,

James
Hi James and welcome to the forum. Have a look at this video:That should get you going.

golog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi James and welcome to the forum. Have a look at this video:That should get you going.

Hi there,

I've got the same problem.

Got the my new Hikvision DVR DS-7616NI-E2/8P (= 8 port POE).

and 6x bullet DS-2CD2T35-I5

But i can't add them with the Plug & Play of the DVR, i've got this error : the username or the password is wrong.

I try to manually enter the username and password but i've got this error : the network is unreachable

and it's crazy because if connect the camera to my Lan, i can acess to them and manager them and of course see.

The link you post MrFixit it's for a DVR connected to a POE Switch. But here the DVR already have 8 POE port.

Obrien.James, did you manage to fix your problem ?

Thanks a lot

ITUGU

n3wb
Reaction score
did anyone get a solution to this I've got the issue with some new cameras trying to attach directly to my NVR