Hikvision NVR messing up time for 3 of 5 cams by 30 min

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Dealing wih a bizzar error with my Hikvision NVR 7616NI-E2 - for whatever reason, it automatically adds 30 minutes for 3 of my 5 cams with EVERY possible time setting (2 cams display time as set/expected, 3 cams show 30 min more than set/expected).

Interestingly enough, one of the 2 cams showing time correctly is a 2732 on FW 5.35 - my other 2732 on FW 5.35 is showing 30 min plus.

What I have checked so far:
1) It is definitievely coming from the NVR - when I switch the NVR off, my cams keep the time as set (NTP or manual setting)
2) Whatever I set in the NVR time setting (tried different time zones, DST offset, NTP and manual settings), 3 cams display 30 min more. If I add a DST offset of 30 min, the 3 cams show correctly, and of course the 2 other ones lag 30 min behind.
3) Since I thought it is a NVR firmware problem, I upgraded from 3.4.91 to 3.4.95 - no difference. I then downgraded back to 3.4.90 - no change.
4) I have reset the NVR - again no difference.

I am out of ideas now. Obviously, this problem is substantial as in a situation where one needs the recordings, consistent time stamps are critical.

I would highly appreciate, if anybody has any ideas or advise!

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try this: Log into the camera itself to see if the DST is on, sometimes the NVR and the Camera's DST function doesn't seem to be in sync, or they seem to add to each other....

dabert

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much Fruit!! That's it! Although the NVR sets the time for all cams (so local cam settings for time get ingnored), any DST setting in the cams gets not ignored (like time) but ADDED to the DST offset in the NVR - does not make sense but that's the way they have coded it.

Now I can sleep again :)

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad it fixed it! It's a very random bug...