Hikvision NVR mouse stops working

Reaction score
Hey all. Looking for help if anyone able to. I have an issue with the mouse disappearing after a few days. If I unplug and replug the mouse it will work. I've replaced the mouse, mouse ports and replaced the NVR and I have upgraded to Firmware V4.1.67 build 181106. Still no fix. I have this Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P.

Anyone experienced this issue before? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all. Looking for help if anyone able to. I have an issue with the mouse disappearing after a few days. If I unplug and replug the mouse it will work. I've replaced the mouse, mouse ports and replaced the NVR and I have upgraded to Firmware V4.1.67 build 181106. Still no fix. I have this Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P.

Anyone experienced this issue before? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
My 7716NI-I2/16P does that, but I have extended the usb mouse over Cat5 and I assumed it was that...

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes this is an issue we experience from time to time. the rear port seems to be more reliable. Usually only a reboot fixes it.

Reaction score
Hi. We have the same issue with 2 dvrs, 4 and 16 channels. Do you managed to do something about the problem?

pyrotenax

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Bluetooth mouse, with the dongle plugged into front port. A right-click wakes mouse every time

JBu

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wonder if anyone has fixed the mouse not working issue. My NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P mouse just disappeared last week and i tried both front and back USB port. mouse is ok.

Reaction score
Just wonder if anyone has fixed the mouse not working issue. My NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P mouse just disappeared last week and i tried both front and back USB port. mouse is ok.
I have used a powered USB Extender, where it has the power at the Mouse end, and this has seemed to fix the problem, so far.

JBu

n3wb
Reaction score
My mouse cursor is no longer available. replace with another mouse, shutdown n reboot the nvr. i have tried both usb ports front and back and mouse cursor is still disappeared. nvr has firmware ver. V4.1.51 build 180412, encoding ver. V5.0 build 180211, web ver. V4.0.1 build 180209, and plug in ver. V3.0.6.36.

JBu

n3wb
Reaction score
My mouse cursor is no longer available. replace with another mouse, shutdown n reboot the nvr. i have tried both usb ports front and back and mouse cursor is still disappeared. nvr has firmware ver. V4.1.51 build 180412, encoding ver. V5.0 build 180211, web ver. V4.0.1 build 180209, and plug in ver. V3.0.6.36.
UPDATE: while updated to latest firmware, mouse appears again. mine is grey market nvr :wave: .

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used to have this problem previously. I upgraded my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P to V4.1.63 build 190111 and lost all ability to use the mouse :-(

I've only been able to connect to the NVR from remote ever since the upgrade. I see they now have V4.21.005 build190509 but I have not yet tried that one.

@JBu what version of firmware did you end up installing?

JBu

n3wb
Reaction score
I used to have this problem previously. I upgraded my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P to V4.1.63 build 190111 and lost all ability to use the mouse :-(

I've only been able to connect to the NVR from remote ever since the upgrade. I see they now have V4.21.005 build190509 but I have not yet tried that one.

@JBu what version of firmware did you end up installing?
I upgraded mine to V4.21.005 build 190509 and seems to work fine for my gray market nvr DS-7608NI-I2. Just before the upgrade i plugged usb cable to the nvr port with my usb battery charge to see if the nvr usb port still provide power so not sure if that also trigger the mouse to work again. the link for the fw upgrade Firmware
Good luck and keep us posted

shaymtl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi For hikvision mouse issue, I solve it by calling hikvision, I got new NVR ds-7608NI mouse didn't appear at all, after default, restore, rebooting system nothing work, they access my computer they went straight to Menu Output, replace HDMI resolution I restart system mouse came back. that mouse issue resolution

Attachments

Labrobot

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same issue, lost mouse. Using the information above, I determined that it was the menu mode that was causing the problem. Mine was set to auto. I have the HDMI output run into the family room and VGA where the NVR lives. I was trying to use the mouse while monitoring the VGA monitor. When I went to check the HDMI monitor, the mouse was there. Changed the menu output to VGA and the mouse returned to the VGA monitor.