Hikvision NVR "network unreachable error".

Reaction score
Model #- DS-7108NI-Q1/M
Version- 4.71.007
Build- 220705

I was facing issues with hik-connect app. So I reset the NVR to factory defaults and now I my IP cameras are not visible on my display. They're visible in the online device list but as soon as I add them the green ticks turn to red giving me the error "network unreachable". I've tried using SADP to reset the camera passwords but constantly get wrong admin password error. I've reset my password through the SADP app through the recovery code and just after resetting the password I still get the wrong admin password error. I've tried to edit IP addresses of the camera through the NVR to match them to the NVR's IP but that didn't work. Please help me out as I'm getting frustrated with each passing day. Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best bet would be to factory reset the NVR and cameras and start over like you just got it.

Plug one camera in and let the NVR initialize it and show up and then plug in the next camera.

Reaction score
Best bet would be to factory reset the NVR and cameras and start over like you just got it.

Plug one camera in and let the NVR initialize it and show up and then plug in the next camera.
Didn't work. I removed the switch along with every camera from the switch. Also removed internet access and factory reset the nvr. Then added the switch back in along with the camera but now I'm getting "invalid username or password" error. I've tried all password combinations I can think of but nothing worked.