Hikvision NVR Poe problems

Reaction score
Hi new to this thread looking for a bit of help if possible I’ve had a Hikvision NVR DS-7608-NI-k2/8p for over a year now and been fine tried to adds plz auto track camera the other day with a Poe injector and ports 2/3/5/6/7/8 all stopped work only ports 1and 2 will work I can load any of my cameras into ports 1 or 2 and they auto load but if I put the cameras in 2/3/5/6/7/8 nothing not even a flash on the back with the green or yellow light I’ve checked the Poe set up and it says there is power going to the ports when i load a camera to the none working Poe but camera dose not exsit in the menu I have reset the cameras internally to factory reset and still nothing I’ve updated the firmware on the Nvr to V4.1.63 which works great but only on ports 1and 2

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you disconnected ALL cams and power cycled the NVR then tried 1 previously working cam (NOT the PTZ) in all the ports, 1 at a time?

Can you clarify something: you stated "...ports 2/3/5/6/7/8 all stopped work only ports 1and 2 will work".
So does port 2 work or not?

During this testing, do you have the other 7 ports disconnected while trying 1 port at a time?
Do all cams power up OK from one of the working ports when plugged in 1 at a time?

If only 2 ports work after this, all cams check OK individually and an internal, visual inspection doesn't reveal anything obvious and user-serviceable, your quickest and easiest solution may be to buy an 8 port POE switch to power the cams. The PTZ may require a POE+ switch and all other cams can utilize it too.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Had a quick look at the online manual, have you checked within POE configuration to see if the ports are enabled/disabled?

Reaction score
Hi tony yes I’ve disconnected all the cameras and reset the NVr to factory setttjngs and up dated the firmware on the DVR I then plugged the cameras in one at a time and only ports 1 and 4 work sorry I mentioned port 2 working as it’s not working along with port 3/5/6/7/8 I have read that sometimes you can get Poe overload I can put any camera into port 1and 4 and it uploads

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes linked the Poe to the spare port on nvr (port5)
A PoE port on the DS-3E0105P-E connected to an NVR PoE port?

DS-3E0105P-E
That's a PoE switch, not a PoE injector.

It does look like the PoE switch hookup to the NVR PoE port has in some way damaged many of the NVR PoE ports.

An option going forward is to move the cameras to a LAN-based PoE switch and reconfigure the camera and NVR channels IP addresses to be on the LAN.
You can prove out this scenario using the DS-3E0105P-E as the PoE switch.
Connect its uplink port to your LAN switch/router and the cameras to its 4 PoE ports.
Use SADP to reconfigure the camera IP addresses to values that are valid for the LAN.
On the NVR web GUI camera configuration, select an existing PoE channel, and use the 'Modify' button to set the channel to 'Manual', and change the IP address to match that of the camera that you want associated with the channel.
The LAN-based camera should connect OK.