Hikvision NVR reset to factory defaults

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i have a QNAP NAS ts231 and was updating the firmware, it required a restart so i restarted it. it came backup a few minutes later. then noticed i could not connect to the NVR at all.

hikvision mode ds7608-ni/e2-8p current fimrware V3.4.96 build170921

i then discovered the unit has been set back to factory defaults, passwords, and all the settings.

now i configured the settings again and now when i set a NAS hdd for redundancy it does not accept it

it gives the error message

hdd property cannot be edited in current storage mode

i have downgraded the NAS firmware and same issue, so I'm lost on what to do next.
i cannot even change the RW mode to say redundancy as a test on the main internal hdd it gives the same error.

any ideas?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the NVR accessible from the internet, have you enabled any port forwarding?
I'm wondering if it could have been messed with by mischievous / malicious access.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have it behind an VPN router. the same time the NAS disconnected from the NVR when it rebooted that the time i lost connection to it. i did check the logs and cannot see anything weird or malicious.

just adding the NAS HDD as redundant is an issue. i have downgraded the NAS firmware to rule it out but no luck, nothing else has changed.

this one has got me

Subsonic

n3wb
Reaction score
i have it behind an VPN router. the same time the NAS disconnected from the NVR when it rebooted that the time i lost connection to it. i did check the logs and cannot see anything weird or malicious.

just adding the NAS HDD as redundant is an issue. i have downgraded the NAS firmware to rule it out but no luck, nothing else has changed.

this one has got me
Samee, did you have any luck with this? I have the same configuration as you (same NAS / NVR) and have exactly the same problem. I have mounted the NFS share, have initialised it but can't seem to change it to Redundancy mode. I get the same error as yourself?

Trying to get this NAS redudancy working is driving me nuts, surely there has to be an easy way to get it working!