HIKVISION NVR UNSUPPORTED STREAM TYPE ISSUE

ADAM

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys, i have just bought a hikvision nvr dome camera 8 channel kit of ebay.
have been through a lot of issues to get this far. i have all cameras up and running on liveview, picture is amazing, but one camera is still giving me trouble, it shows up fine in multiview live feed. but when i click into it to get a larger picture it comes up with "unsupported stream type".
i have played around with a few settings for the camera and when i change it from "hikvison" to "onvif" it shows up clear on multi view but when i click into the camera for a larger view the picture is very distorted and unclear. i have checked the bitrate and it seems to be different to all the other cameras but i do not know if this is the issue, and if so, how to change the bit rate for that one camera.

any help would be amazing !

Regards, Adam

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Make sure that the main stream on the camera is a resolution supported by the NVR.

If the NVR supports for exemple 1.3MP 2MP 3MP and 5MP, but the camera is 4MP, then when you have multiview you are using the substream, but as soon as you make the camera full screen it will try to use the main stream, and if it is 4MP (or any other resolution not supported by the NVR) it will give you that error.
Just compare the resolution on that camera to the other cameras you have, and make sure the settings are the same. If it is a Hikvision camera, do not use it as ONVIF.

Reaction score
HI, probably you are using european NVR and chinese cameras. The NVR for Europe at this time not supported a H.265 codec, so you must just change to H.264. After that, you must restart the camera for applying changes. Have nice day. Teletechnet