Hikvision OEM vs Brand camera, what dififerent?

Abel.Pan

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone could let me know the dififerent of OEM camera vs brand camera? price, function?
Thanks so much.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's too open a question to respond with any detail.
The difference can vary from just a different logo on the body to dumbed-down firmware with fewer features.

Abel.Pan

n3wb
Reaction score
That's too open a question to respond with any detail.
The difference can vary from just a different logo on the body to dumbed-down firmware with fewer features.
I have found an OEM camera, and it's price is cheaper 30$ than brand. I was hesitant to purchase OEM.
Link: https://amzn.to/2K4f0el
Would you please let us know whether i need to purchase it? If the function isn't different from Hikvision, then I will choose to purchase an OEM that is cheaper than it.
Thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The answer to both the features and firmware upgrade are it all depends on what exactly you buy. There is no one answer which fits all supposedly OEM cams.

So make sure you do your homework before purchasing.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have found an OEM camera, and it's price is cheaper 30$ than brand. I was hesitant to purchase OEM.
Link: https://amzn.to/2K4f0el
Would you please let us know whether i need to purchase it? If the function isn't different from Hikvision, then I will choose to purchase an OEM that is cheaper than it.
Thanks
If you’re within $30 of the brand price and are unfamiliar with the OEM vendor, I’d be inclined to pay the extra $30.

One thing for sure with OEMs is that if you run into any technical problems or need warranty support, the vendor you bought from is responsible for providing that. IMO, that means you should feel comfortable with the vendor before making the purchase. What’s their track record? Will they be around a year from now?

IMO, that’s why OEM Dahua models are so popular on this forum. There’s been an awesome vendor (Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY) working with forum members here for years. His OEMs are the same as regular
Dahua equipment, just no Dahua logos. Can be upgraded with Dahua firmware. He’s active on the forum here, keeping us updated with new Dahua info. Great vendor. Nobody’s found a Hikvision version of him.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OEM vs hik. firmware without logo. different model name(customer can't search for price). can't update the hik firmware via IE. you have to do it manually(only the first time). and I found them much cheaper than hik.(more than 40$). but without any tech support. but if it broke. I told me and send them picture. they will replace it. for free.