Hikvision on Ebay

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've had decent experience with Aliexpress' CCTV Camera China. The only thing is during my last order , it took more than a week before my item got marked as shipped and a month before receiving it. But overall the experience is decent enough specially that items are original Hikvisions and are working properly.

Anyway, I've been watching ebay for the Hikvisions and just now saw that postings finally matched those on Aliexpress in terms of prices. I made a couple of orders on these postings http://www.ebay.com/itm/221656083750?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT and http://www.ebay.com/itm/151547353809?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. Items got shipped within 24 hours. Will just see how long before I'll actually receive them.

The reason why I prefer ebay/ paypal mainly because I'm a bit uncomfortable exposing my credit card info to a third party beyond paypal. Now it's down to finding out if the actual items are similarly performing as those from CCTV Camera China.

I'll keep this post updated.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman.

I believe it's just a personal preference since I'm just not used on providing my credit card info aside from the usual merchants. Using prepaid credit cards on the other hand is a bit of an hassle for me also in case I need more coverage. And besides I've got great experience with paypal protection on an item i bought from Hongkong last december. It's a 200usd item and there was an issue with it. Paypal readily rewarded the refund when the seller failed to respond to my complaint on time.

Anyway, I made the post just to share the info to others. And thanks again Fenderman coz my current set up followed ALL of the advice you made in differents posts. Even down to the switch I used. Colamco previously posted this switch for 100usd (shipped) and that's the one I bought. I guess they found out the current price.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman.

I believe it's just a personal preference since I'm just not used on providing my credit card info aside from the usual merchants. Using prepaid credit cards on the other hand is a bit of an hassle for me also in case I need more coverage. And besides I've got great experience with paypal protection on an item i bought from Hongkong last december. It's a 200usd item and there was an issue with it. Paypal readily rewarded the refund when the seller failed to respond to my complaint on time.

Anyway, I made the post just to share the info to others. And thanks again Fenderman coz my current set up followed ALL of the advice you made in differents posts. Even down to the switch I used. Colamco previously posted this switch for 100usd (shipped) and that's the one I bought. I guess they found out the current price.
Yeah, i can understand that....if the price is the same or close why not...
Glad you got your system set up...that switch is great...

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just an update.

About 16 days after placing the order, the box of ds-2cd2432f-iw finally arrived. Not bad.
After playing with it for half an hour, I'd say it is exactly as the same kind as the ones that I bought via Aliexpress. Coz I thought I read somewhere there are "pirated" Hikvisions out there.

Anyway, so far I'm satisfied with this particular buy. I'm just waiting for the set from the seller.
My only regret is I should have bought more of these cubes from this ebay seller when they were still 110 bucks a pop.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just an update.

About 16 days after placing the order, the box of ds-2cd2432f-iw finally arrived. Not bad.
After playing with it for half an hour, I'd say it is exactly as the same kind as the ones that I bought via Aliexpress. Coz I thought I read somewhere there are "pirated" Hikvisions out there.
time will tell when you go and update the firmware I guess.

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I contacted HIK Vision support yesterday to confirm the specifications on the DS-@CD2312-1 camera. For some reason, tech support asked who I would be purchasing my cameras from. I told him it would be an online dealer such as amazon.com.

I was told there is absolutely NO warranty on the HIK producs purchased from online dealers as this was a breach of the reseller agreement. Warranty only available if purchased from a local store.

Can anyone confirm this information provided to me by HIK Vision tech support?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is true.. It's all about your willingness to forgo support in exchange for significant savings..

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One little question... why on earth pay for a gigabyte switch? 10/100 PoE switches are quite fast enough for almost anything you'll ever do with BlueIris. You can get them off of Amazon for about $44 each. E-bay and other places, even less.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One little question... why on earth pay for a gigabyte switch? 10/100 PoE switches are quite fast enough for almost anything you'll ever do with BlueIris. You can get them off of Amazon for about $44 each. E-bay and other places, even less.
The primary benefit of the zyxel is that it is managed...for most folks that just complicates things but for technical users its a HUGE benefit, separate vlans, remote power toggle and much more.
While technically you dont need gigabit, if you hit the switch with 7 cameras at full bore it can cause problems even though its not theoretically maxing out the 10/100 connection, although most of the time you can run 8 cams easy one 10/100 switch....The 44 dollar switch is an unmanaged 4 port poe 4 port standard switch...the zyxel is a managed fanless 8 port poe (however you need one for the network uplink) http://www.amazon.com/Fanless-Managed-Desktop-Switch-GS1900-8HP/dp/B00GU1KULM
Finally, the zyxel is a poe+ switch that can power a ptz camera that needs more than regular poe...
So its really 88 vs 130 or basically a 40 dollar difference. Though with the two switches you can run 8 cameras vs the 7 on the zyxel.
Two 4 port poe can be beneficial over a single switch if they are connected to the network in distinct locations. Conversely a single switch can minimize cable runs if say you have 7 cameras in one area you can run a single cable back to the router..it all depends on the case use..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oops! I didn't look closely enough at the specs for the zyxel... I thought it was one of the <4PoE + 4> switches. So, yes, if you really need the power of a managed switch, that's a pretty sweet piece of equipment.

In my case, I do have to split up the switches. I use Powerline adapters to get two different zones, then pull a 4-port PoE switch off one of the Powerline adapters, which are quite fast enough to handle the camera data. It's a lot easier than figuring out how to fish ethernet cables through several preexisting walls, ceilings, and floors. Much, much better than my experience with wireless in a big house.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the powerline is working well..it is much better than wifi when the wiring can handle it...

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, I suffered for years trying to get wireless to work well throughout a big house. I looked at Powerline early-on, but it just didn't make the grade in it's earliest implementations. The new stuff is FAST! and I can plant up to 16 of the units around where they are needed, including their WiFi repeaters that make little overlapping hot-spots around the house. So very much easier to work with than WiFi, and very reliable. I may end up using them to do two separate networks, with one dedicated just for the BlueIris equipment.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which powerline ethernet repeaters include a wifi accesspoint that can function as a WIFI repeater?

DaveK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which powerline ethernet repeaters include a wifi accesspoint that can function as a WIFI repeater?
I believe that most of the Powerline adapter manufacturers have WiFi repeaters in their product line. I use TP-Link, as they are on the low end of price, but still perform well.

The TP-Link TL-WPA4220Kit is about $60 on Amazon and includes a plain adapter and a wifi extender adapter (you need at least two units to start). Throughput is rated up to 500 Mbs for wired connections and 300 for the wireless. Range on the wireless isn't really big (about the size of a big room), but you can scatter them with overlapping coverage and most wifi devices will jump to the stronger signal as you wander. Also, with this model series, you can have up to 16 adapters (older ones can be found, but they are limited to 4 or 8 adapters, and generally have lower throughput capabilities). Note that each has it's own ip address on your router, so you may want to assign them with a static ip outside the DHCP range set in the router.

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a 2032 from this seller mainly because I wanted a full English date on the video and full English menus. Excellent price and great seller, I was given a tracking number and the camera arrived in the specified time (delivered to the UK). Very happy with it and saved quite a bit of money versus Amazon UK who wanted nearly twice as much! I am a bit wary of AliExpress whereas with EBay I can use Paypal which I feel is more secure.

Cheers

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.