Hikvision POE 2032 problem

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
when i connect my cat 5 cable, when i look into the camera lens, i can see the IR light, so i know it is getting power, but after a few minutes the camera feels rather warm and I can see the IR lights in the lens. I can find the camera on my network SADP when I first plug it in , but after a few minutes apparently it powers off. Is this camera shot? I have tried hooking up with brand new short cat5 cable and it does the same thing.
thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but after a few minutes apparently it powers off
By this do you mean that is disappears from SADP, or that the IR LEDs turn off?
And does it reappear in SADP later, if you use the Refresh button in SADP?

Suggestion : try powering it with an external 12v power supply and see if it behaves in the same way.

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Suggestion : try powering it with an external 12v power supply and see if it behaves in the same way.
I

It disappears from SADP, for 5 minutes, then i appears again. it will not usually reappear again by refreshing . How do i connect 12v power to it without using my POE.

thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How do i connect 12v power to it without using my POE.
If you have a spare RJ45 port on your router, connect the camera to that, and power with external 12v.
SADP will find it whatever the IP address is, even if it's normally been connected to an NVR PoE port.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought -
On the 5.4.0 and higher firmware, there is a 'network monitor daemon' which resets the interface or reboots the camera if it doesn't see any network traffic after a pre-defined interval. It's an attempt at auto-fixing a frozen camera, which doesn't work for all situations.
This would occur if the camera isn't connected to an NVR or CMS, in other words nothing is pulling a video stream.

A ping -t <IP_camera_address> will keep it alive, to see if that is the culprit for the problem.

bkch0

n3wb
Reaction score
The poe board in the camera is bad. i have similar symptoms with one of my camera. the camera would still work ok with external 12v.