HIKVision pre-record function

laicik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to configure maximum possible pre-record (30 seconds) on camera DS-2CD1641FWD-IZ (1920x1080, variable bitrate, 5120kbps) connected to DS-9632NI-I8, but it's not saving more than 5 seconds of pre-record without microSD card inside camera or more than 14 seconds with formatted microSD and enabled ANR function.

It makes no sense. Each time it's recording wrong amount of time - pre and post - because I set 30s pre and 5s post and each time it's recording less pre and more post than I configured. Why?

Maybe someone here would know.

Thank you in advance.

laicik

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Each time it's recording wrong amount of time - pre and post - because I set 30s pre and 5s post and each time it's recording less pre and more post than I configured. Why?
Dumb question - for the non-MicroSD card scenario - you are setting these values in the NVR?
NVR web GUI - Storage | Schedule Settings | Advanced button | Pre-record / Post-record dropdowns.

laicik

n3wb
Reaction score
Dumb question - for the non-MicroSD card scenario - you are setting these values in the NVR?
NVR web GUI - Storage | Schedule Settings | Advanced button | Pre-record / Post-record dropdowns.
Hello, thank you for answer. Yes, I am using same settings with and without microSD card. If camera started using microSD card and recorded 9 seconds more than without it, I just don't understand why it's not recording whole 30 seconds which I prefer.

Any ideas?

I wish there would be more information in official documentation:

Last edited:

alfaclvi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to configure maximum possible pre-record (30 seconds) on camera DS-2CD1641FWD-IZ (1920x1080, variable bitrate, 5120kbps) connected to DS-9632NI-I8, but it's not saving more than 5 seconds of pre-record without microSD card inside camera or more than 14 seconds with formatted microSD and enabled ANR function.

It makes no sense. Each time it's recording wrong amount of time - pre and post - because I set 30s pre and 5s post and each time it's recording less pre and more post than I configured. Why?

Maybe someone here would know.

Thank you in advance.

laicik

Same problem here on 2022 NVR model:

DS-2CD2047G2-L connected on DS-7608NXI-K2 Event Playback starts 5 to 10 seconds after the target is gone!!!!! (1920x1080, variable bitrate, 3072kbps, 25fps)
On iVMS-4200 Event Playback works exactly as you set pre-record and post-record. On NVR playback Pre-record time does not work and CANNOT be set.
So this is not a device problem with bitrates etc etc, as they try to explain on some NVR and DVR manuals.
Their problem is that as a Company, they are UNABLE to compile a proper firmware or they don't care.
Similar problem exists on DS-2CD2047G2. Smart Events give an alarm 5-10 seconds delayed and the target is gone. Threshold(s) is set to 0 secs but "Threshold" on hikvision products does not work

Very disappointed