Hikvision PTZ broken in Blue Iris?

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All,
Somewhere in the last week or two, without any changes in my Blue Iris camera configuration, PTZ stopped working. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

I need this functionality, obviously.
Thanks,
Don

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All,
Somewhere in the last week or two, without any changes in my Blue Iris camera configuration, PTZ stopped working. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

I need this functionality, obviously.
Thanks,
Don
what camera? what are your current settings? what did you change?

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. As noted above, I made no changes whatsoever. The camera is a DS-2CD2F42FWD-IS. I have several of these.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. As noted above, I made no changes whatsoever. The camera is a DS-2CD2F42FWD-IS. I have several of these.
did you update the software?
post the actual ptz settings in blue iris as well as the video config settings...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Software is current as of today. I keep it quite current. Settings screen shots attached.
my question is, did you update it between when it was working and after it stopped working - trying to determine if it is related to an update.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
try using find/inspect then select the onvif profile in the ptz settings

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was working when I updated it; I don't believe I have updated it again since.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It was working when I updated it; I don't believe I have updated it again since.
then it cannot be related to the software....it either works or it doesnt....if you are using the mobile app or webserver for ptz, ensure the users has ptz rights.

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forgive me, I'm lost.
1) It works
2) I update BI
3) It doesn't work
What am I missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive me, I'm lost.
1) It works
2) I update BI
3) It doesn't work
What am I missing?
earlier you said it was working when you updated it...
if you believe it was an update, install a prior version...and email support.

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mind sharing the support email addy? I tried the FAQs and the Troubleshooting guide. Either I missed them or neither mentioned a support email. Thanks.

Reaction score
Don is it all your PZT cameras or just the one? and are you running the latest update of BI? on the phone? can you move the camera on the phone? when I had that happen to one of my cameras I had to do a firmware update and since I was having issues with it I had to have tech support from Nellys security that provided the camera get on line and do it. I had done the first one and the tech did the second one