Hikvision PTZ having trouble focusing?

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started noticing that my DS-2DE4A220IW is not refocusing with optical zoom as it used to when new. I had no other issues with it and I'm wondering what could be causing it.. I first noticed it at night but now in the day time it also won't refocus after zooming, it just sort of stays at its preset focus..

I'm not sure if it's a setting I have unintentionally disabled but, the BI option for focus near or focus far have never worked for me as well. Enabling "Reverse Focus" in PTZ/Control did not change anything.

Is it possible I just need to go up there and windex the outer lens protector or could it be because I haven't done a firmware update since I bought it?

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So based on the lack of responses and no other case of this when searching I figured it really must be something easy I'm missing.

I read this comment "that anything other than 10cm causes an out-of-focus picture when zooming out to Z20." on this thread Mini outdoor PTZ : DS-2DE4A220IW-DE and after checking the cameras settings, somehow the focus mode was reset to manual! I could not find any information on how semi-auto works but putting it back to auto resolved my issue so hooray for grey market still going strong. The focus far and focus near buttons still do nothing however.

I have no clue how this setting and this alone was reset as every other setting is the same but at least this is documented now..do you guys use auto or semi?

Last edited:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know how similar this is to Dahua. I have an older Dahua ptz that has semi-auto which is where I leave it, also set at 10cm. Maybe someone with a Hik ptz can chime in here.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i have this camera i use it to read licence plates day and night , its a very good ptz camera
for day i use semi-auto for focus and night i use manual focus

BICK