Hikvision Remote Access

pyiomon

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the following setup, Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IS cameras, Synology 212J, VPN server, Android and Iphones. My goal is to be able to use the mobile devices to connect to the cameras remotely while outside of the network, with or without using the synology surveillance utility.
I will like to be able to do this via the safest and best option, which does not include ddns, as I am told this is not safe. I am also aware it is unsafe exposing my ip address out there for the whole world to come looking. I will like to be able to use my VPN if possible. So I am seeking the experts input on all these.
Thanks.

Robertxw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, did you get any solution for your question? I'm on the same situation now.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a little Synology DS112 that runs VPN Server + Surveillance Station. I use Synology's DDNS service to keep track of my external IP address.

To access live views of my cameras while off network, I VPN from my iPhone and use the iOS iVMS-4500 app. For me, it starts a lot quicker than the "DS cam" (Synology) iOS app, but that may be because my Synology is so slow. :)

Robertxw

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a little Synology DS112 that runs VPN Server + Surveillance Station. I use Synology's DDNS service to keep track of my external IP address.

To access live views of my cameras while off network, I VPN from my iPhone and use the iOS iVMS-4500 app. For me, it starts a lot quicker than the "DS cam" (Synology) iOS app, but that may be because my Synology is so slow. :)
It's a prefect solution. Thank you for sharing, and I will try synology. Have a good day

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I use a similar set up. VPN server running on my Synology NAS, with openVPN on my mobile devices.
Once attached to the VPN you can use your app of choice to view cameras. IVS-****, tinyCam Pro etc...