Hikvision RMA experience is horrible (B&H). Stuck in limbo with no camera after 6 weeks. .

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a PTZ camera I bought on sale from B&H fail in two ways first the slight purple hue on moving vehicles intermittently then water ingress. It lasted four months from when it was installed. I contacted B&H which stated to contact Hikvision when I was originally told by Hikvision to contact B&H. Finally got a RMA number from B&H to send to Hikvision. Hikvision approved a advanced replacement a month ago and I was supposed to get a call from B&H. B&H never called or emailed, then two weeks later when talking to RMA department they said it was approved and I should have been sent a advanced RMA so Hikvision gave me the email of the B&H person responsible for the RMA. B&H replied their distributor didn't have any in stock at the moment to send to me. So I could wait or pay double for the model they currently have instock although the person from B&H stated they may have some news by end of the week which was almost 2 weeks ago. Nothing in communication from B&H after that even after sending a email asking for a update almost a week ago. At this point I could have had the camera repaired in the 4-6 week period. So now I have no camera or communication. Next step is a charge back I assume if they don't respond in two weeks. This is ridiculous as the whole point of a advanced rma is to be quicker than a repair.

Have you guys had these issues too?

How's the normal process for Hikvision and Dahua?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At this point in time, nothing is working like it once did.
If the distrib doesn't have stock, you'll have to wait until he does.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At this point in time, nothing is working like it once did.
If the distrib doesn't have stock, you'll have to wait until he does.
Hikvision sent me a email stating the model is discontinued and I can send it in for repairs but it will take another 4-6 weeks. If they can't repair it they will provide B-Stock. If the model is discontinued could a distributor still get more of them or it's a dead end? From my point of view the advanced rma seems useless and shouldn't have been offered if the model was discontinued.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
3 months passed and I finally got the replacement in the mail. Lets just hope this one doesn't fail like the last one in 4 months.