Hikvision system confused help needed

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys/girls

Need some help.

I have bought a 4 channel 4K nvr. With 4x 5mp turent cameras.

I have set it all up and been asking on other forums for advice but not getting anywhere

I have this system attached to my 4K tv.

Now the problem is. I can only view all 4 cams at 1080p in a 4 screen split. If I choose to set them all to 5mp only 1 camera works in the 4 split screen at 5mp. I can then click the the other 3 cams to substream but quality is poor!

So options I have is set it all to 1080p this will record all 4 at 1080p and all can be viewed in split screen at 1080p and in single screen at 1080p.

Or I set them all at 5mp they will record at 5mp but 4 plit screen will be in substream! Very poor. But if I double click 1 of the cams to view in single screen it will be 5mp.

I am gutted as I payed extra for 5mp cams. But seems like they can only be viewed in 4 split screen in substream aka 720p.

So I hav replaced my old 2mp system with the exact same setup as I can’t get a better 4 split screen view than 720p unless setting all at 1080p but then it’s wasting the 5mp cams.

All I want is to view them all in 4 split screen at 1080p. But when double click a cam in single screen I want it to be 5mp And to record at 5mp is this possible ?

Any advice?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am gutted as I payed extra for 5mp cams. But seems like they can only be viewed in 4 split screen in substream aka 720p.
Without knowing the model of the NVR, it's not possible to take a look at the specs for Playback and comment.
What you can do in Playback varies with the model.

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Without knowing the model of the NVR, it's not possible to take a look at the specs for Playback and comment.
What you can do in Playback varies with the model.

Hi Model is DS-7604NI-K1-4P

It states it’s 4x 1080p
But also says 1x 4K

So doesn’t that mean you can watch 4x 1080p on 4 split screen and 4K in a single screen?

Or does it mean you have to choose 4x 1080p or 1x 4K

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision 4 Channel POE NVR DS-7604NI-K1-4P Features

• Up to 8 Megapixels resolution recording
• Plug & Play with up to 4 independent PoE network interfaces
• Up to 1 SATA interfaces (Max 6TB)
• Third-party network cameras supported
• Supports network detection, including network delay packet loss etc.
• Remote Setup via Desktop (including MACS) & Smartphones
• Access to recorded footage through Client Software / Mobile App

Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I 5MP Turret Camera Features

• Up to 5 megapixel high resolution
• Max. 2560 × 1920 @20fps
• 2.8 mm Lens
• H.265, H.265+, H.264+, H.264
• 120dB Wide Dynamic Range
• 3D Digital Noise Reduction
• 12 VDC& PoE (802.3af)
• IR range: up to 30 m
• Support on-board storage, up to 128 GB
• 3-Axis Adjustment
• IP67

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My friend as the ds7200 and 4mp cams. Attached are his settings. His 4 split screen all run in mainstream. I have even tried to copy his settings with no luck. Very strange!

Also mine has the new 265+ should I tick that box? As it’s ment to lower bitrate? And bandwidth

Attachments

Last edited:

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also another question

Where it says streaming type and I click video there is no option for video/audio like my friends older system. Does that mean mine doesn’t have Audio function?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing maybe it's matching the split screen to your tv's resolution or alternatively it's the TV that's downscaling it.
4x 1080p = 4K, so assuming your TV to be 4K, it can only display 4 pictures at 1080P not 4x 4k.

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ye Mate it’s on 4x 1080p now. But I thought it would be on 4x 1080p and when you click on 1 camera in single screen it goes to 5mp. But it can’t if resolution is set at 1080p. Can’t set res to 5mp as then 4 screen drops to substream and it’s very poor!

Like my friends resolution is set at 4mp! And in 4split screen it must be 1080p as it’s crystal clear in 4 screens... if you double click 1 of his cams into single screen it jumps straight to 4mp. Then click back into 4 screen drops to 1080p

That’s what I can’t seem to do.

Be pointless in buying 5mp cams of can only view them in 1080p.

My last system was 2mp cams. And dvr was 1080p max. And I can view all 4 in split screen at 1080p and single 1080p. Just wanted it to be better in single screen lol

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have given up now guys. Would advise no one to buy anything over 2mp unless you want to view single screen only. If want to monitor 4 split screen stick to 2mp as that’s the most you gona get

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick question though something else that’s annoying me.

When watching my 4 split screen. There all out of since. 1 camera will show someone walking into my garden but on another camera there already at my door if you no what I mean? How do I make them all be timed the same?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Batch time configuration should sinc up the cameras this is thro iVMS on the computer tho with a head unit I’m not so sure where that function is

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Would advise no one to buy anything over 2mp unless you want to view single screen only. If want to monitor 4 split screen stick to 2mp as that’s the most you gona get
Just out of curiosity what resolution do you have the sub-stream set to on the cameras?
Even on substream, the images on multi-view usually look OK on a reasonable size of display.

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what resolution do you have the sub-stream set to on the cameras?
Even on substream, the images on multi-view usually look OK on a reasonable size of display.

Hi, I have tried setting substream to the lowest point in order to get mainstream working on all 4 that didn’t work. Now my substream is set to the max! It’s not to bad but the hole point of me going from 2mp system to 5mp is to get better quality pics! But was a waste as I have exact same quality unless I decided to ditch the 4screen split to monitoring in a single screen

Hopefully soon they will bring out systems that you can monitor 4x split at 1080p and if wanted to double click the screen it would jump to the max output of the camera.

Ps: I have mine monitoring on a 40” 4k tv.

Strange thing is my friends 4 split screen is good quality but his substream is really low so makes me think his 4 screen is also in mainstream! Not a clue how! As I even copied all his settings.

Attachments

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So above is my friends. He can view his 4 split in 1080p And when he double clicks 1 screen it jumps to 4mp. Don’t no how the hell he has done this was the company called a1 aerials that fitted his. He lives 2.5 hours away so can’t just pop round to check fully what’s going on

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange thing is my friends 4 split screen is good quality but his substream is really low so makes me think his 4 screen is also in mainstream!
If you click once on an image in multi-screen to get the menu bar there are icons that will show the current stream info, and allow a switch between main stream and sub stream.