Hikvision Turrent night vision query

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm having trouble with one of my 8MP turrets (DS-2CD2342WD-I I think) where day vision is excellent but the night vision is terrible. This one is the only one that is not 2.4mm (I think it's 4mm). Firmware is the latest version and settings are all default. Any suggestions to what settings to change? I have attached said photo as well as another camera that sits a few meters away for comparison. Both have same settings. Note: Front Yard pic is the one with issue. Front Driveway camera looks good in night vision. Also note I have a light pole on corner (middle of lawn in Front Yard camera) and the light you see on top of garage door is the Front Driveway camera IR. Thanks
.Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2342WD-I is a 4MP camera. Any chance it is this one: DS-2CD2385FWD-I

Some suggestions - In the Configuration>Image>Display Settings disable BLC,WDR and HLC at night and see if it helps.
1576194750655.png
From the manual:
BLC: If you focus on an object against strong backlight, the object will be too dark to be seen clearly. BLC compensates light to the object in the front to make it clear. OFF, Up, Down, Left, Right, Center, Auto and Custom are selectable.
Note: If BLC mode is set as Custom, you can draw an red rectangle on the live view image as the BLC area.
WDR: Wide Dynamic Range can be used when there is a high contrast of the bright area and the dark area of the scene. You can adjust wide dynamic level from 0 to 100.
HLC: High Light Compression function can be used when there are strong lights in the scene affecting the image quality.

If none of the above help try the various White Balance settings.
1576194956655.png

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Stewart. Note it's actually a 4MP camera, I was wrong. Definitely DS-2CD2342WD-I

BLC and WDR are both off anyway. I will try changing the White Balance settings tonight - it's currently set to AWB1 at the moment.

1576197655305.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This older hik model is not particularly good in low light, however, the issue you are seeing in the first image may be IR reflection. Post an image of the camera itself.