Hikvision turret camera not detected. Ip or reset problem?

Reaction score
Hi,

First my apologies - I am a novice at installing cameras and so my question may be badly phrased or laughably simple. I have however emailed Hikvision tech support a couple of times (no reply) and searched the web to no avail.

Background
I have bought a Hikvision (Hiwatch) NVR and an initial turret camera - IPC-T120 (one of many if I get this working).

The NVR is working fine. I setup its network dynamically initially and then switched it to static once it had found its setting.

I plan to have the cameras working over my local network rather than directly connect.

I first connect the camera directly to the NVR (plug and play) to ensure everything worked - it does.

When however I connect it on my network it is not detected.

My Assumption

I assume (I am probably wrong) that
  • this could be because the NVR and camera could be on a different subnet (192.168.256..... vs 192.168.0.....) but I don't really know
  • that the NVR set the cameras IP address because I cannot see it on my network at its default address
  • that the nvr may have changed the password

The problem

If my assumptions are correct - how can I get the NVR connecting to the camera over the network.

My thanks in advance.

Everwatch

n3wb
Reaction score
you need to have the your switch patched to both the lan port of the nvr and a camera port, i believe. That way you can access the NVR and the NVR can access the camera. Please correct me if I am wrong.