Hikvision UK help line?

mfred68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, is there a UK phone help line for Hikvision?
I need to speak to a person regarding talking me through how to get one of their ip cameras to work.
I just bought a brand new sealed Hikvision camera, and connected it to my POE port but my Hikvision nvr did not connect with it by using via plug and play, so I disconnected the camera and connected it direct to my LAN and looked for it using SADP tool, and it was listed as ip: 192.168.254.59, which i'm sure my NVR created for it.
But to my horror it's listed as ACTIVE so now after not assigning a password to the camera, I don't know what to put as a password in order to get the camera working.

Any help greatly appreciated

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But to my horror it's listed as ACTIVE so now after not assigning a password to the camera, I don't know what to put as a password in order to get the camera working.
It looks like Plug&Play has worked, and you have the NVR configured to 'Activate' the camera and manage it's password.
Try logging in to the camera with the NVR admin password.
Hikvision UK & Ireland

*edit*
Also - and I don't know if this works for NVR-managed cameras, in the NVR web GUI, export the IPC configuration, which depending on the NVR and firmware level, is usually in Excel format, load into Excel or equivalent and inspect for the camera password in plaintext.

mfred68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
great, I got it working. the password was 123456789abc but it tells me it's weak, but I can't find the place where you can update and choose your own password.

thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
For the benefit of others - how did you find the password?
Was it the one you used on the NVR?
Or did you find out on the IPC settings export file?

mfred68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Funny in my case i picked up the box where the camera came in and noticed that it had the password printed on it.
So thats one problem out of my way, but now i'm faced with yet another or compressed poor picture quality in live view split screen mode, so i started a new thread about that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny in my case i picked up the box where the camera came in and noticed that it had the password printed on it.
Was this on the normal barcoded label?
That may have been an old manufacture camera, 'Device Activation' has been a feature for nearly 2 years now. Or the seller has accessed the camera and put on the old default password..