Hikvision upgrade firmware to 5.3.0

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone upgraded to 5.3.0 from any kind of 5.2.5?

Of course it's not possible in usual easy way but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, that would help in the research, so we could find out a solution together.

Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The issue here is nothing to compare it with, we need the Chinese 5.3.0 also 5.2.8 so we can note the changes, There are some who claim they have them, strange the never prove or share.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone upgraded to 5.3.0 from any kind of 5.2.5?
Of course it's not possible in usual easy way but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, that would help in the research, so we could find out a solution together.
Thanks

AKalm!
Iin the new IPC is updated from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 in any form is not working. The logs writes DSP initialization error and reboots.
In the old IPC updated from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 works fine in European case. On the Chinese IPC need a little tweak the firmware and the result too. My screenshots you probably saw.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I know, but I'm interested in the new cams only. Guess if they have 5.3.1 or 5.3.2 etc then we won't be able to upgrade anymore? Or we should find an official Chinese firmware 5.3.0.

We should turn off dsp init. if possible, and if does not result other boot error.

AKalm!
Iin the new IPC is updated from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 in any form is not working. The logs writes DSP initialization error and reboots.
In the old IPC updated from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0 works fine in European case. On the Chinese IPC need a little tweak the firmware and the result too. My screenshots you probably saw.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I know, but I'm interested in the new cams only. Guess if they have 5.3.1 or 5.3.2 etc then we won't be able to upgrade anymore? Or we should find an official Chinese firmware 5.3.0.
Who knows!
When this IPC come to me i'ii see it.

We should turn off dsp init. if possible, and if does not result other boot error.
Research doesn't close ;)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can the 'new IPC' be identified by the devtype or hardware version in prtHardInfo? Or do we have to guess by the manufacturing date?
Example of 'old IPC'
Serial NO :DS-2CD3332-I20140815CCCH475559413
V5.2.3 build 141024
hardwareVersion = 0x0
hardWareExtVersion = 0x0
encodeChans = 1
decodeChans = 1
alarmInNums = 0
alarmOutNums = 0
ataCtrlNums = 0
flashChipNums = 0
ramSize = 0x4000000
networksNums = 1
language = 1
devType = 38920

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The failure to boot, looks like a date of manufacturing related check as well as a checksum, I have been tweaking different date and getting mix results and failures at different points.
But a comparison should fix this, I have asked one of my Ali suppliers if he can get the 5.3.0 but he is also struggling to get his hands on it.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried manufacturing date 27.03.15? I have a 5.3.0 cam with that label on the box but there was 5.2.5 cam in it.

The failure to boot, looks like a date of manufacturing related check as well as a checksum, I have been tweaking different date and getting mix results and failures at different points.
But a comparison should fix this, I have asked one of my Ali suppliers if he can get the 5.3.0 but he is also struggling to get his hands on it.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No but will try, the fact that pre 5.2.5 (11/2014) cameras with the mtd hack will load the en/ml without issue points at a date check, we already no that 5.2.5 performs a checksum check, even with the valid checksum it fails the to boot so there must be manufacture date check stopping downgrade or upgrade in the boot, as the firmware can be easily tftp onto the camera and shows all is correct, I will brick the camera with 5.3.0 installed and pull the files from the camera and compare the with an mtd hacked and working 5.3.0 to see whats different in the boot.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried manufacturing date 27.03.15? I have a 5.3.0 cam with that label on the box but there was 5.2.5 cam in it.
Same here, new cam came with 5.2.5, 5.3.0 update then flashed/tried via web interface sent the cam into a boot loop.

Would be great if someone could compile a working firmware.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, upgrading to 5.3.0 does not work with date changed on cam 5.2.5 to 20150327 - but the label on the side says 5.3.0 20150327! So I guess it will be the DSP version mismatch

No but will try, the fact that pre 5.2.5 (11/2014) cameras with the mtd hack will load the en/ml without issue points at a date check, we already no that 5.2.5 performs a checksum check, even with the valid checksum it fails the to boot so there must be manufacture date check stopping downgrade or upgrade in the boot, as the firmware can be easily tftp onto the camera and shows all is correct, I will brick the camera with 5.3.0 installed and pull the files from the camera and compare the with an mtd hacked and working 5.3.0 to see whats different in the boot.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where can be DSP details found? In any mtds like the lang flag/date?

AKalm!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
AKalm - did you make the adjustments to either the checksum or other bytes to compensate for the change in the date?
Ok, upgrading to 5.3.0 does not work with date changed on cam 5.2.5 to 20150327

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think this is not about the date. Yes. We should get an mtd5 and 6 from a real 5.3.0 english/chinese. Does anyone have a 5.3.0 cam with that firmware on it? Or get the dsp from /dev
AKalm - did you make the adjustments to either the checksum or other bytes to compensate for the change in the date?

chr

n3wb
Reaction score
So I jumped the gun and updated to 5.3.0 - not sure if I have that firmware. Sorry if this is off topic, but I can still see the camera (using surveillance station) but can't access over http. I get "firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib" .

Now, the firmware is from
ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com that I've used before. The release note states 28 languages are supported.
ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_IP_Camera_Firmware/Raptor_2xxx_Series/IPC_2xx2_Series_IP_Camera_Firmware_v5.3.0_150327/Firmware%20V5.3.0%20Release%20Note.pdf

Thoughts? So it works with client software but I can't access to make config changes. I can't "downgrade" this release but as far as I know I could restore previous firmware usign tftp.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is not about the date.
Yes, but if you changed the data or date in the hardware segment without balancing out for the checksum that would cause the camera to brick.
Have you tried putting it back the way it was?

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive balanced No worries

Yes, but if you changed the data or date in the hardware segment without balancing out for the checksum that would cause the camera to brick.
Have you tried putting it back the way it was?

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i ask again to let the question be the last post.

We should get an mtd5 and 6 from a real 5.3.0 english/chinese. Does anyone have a 5.3.0 cam with that firmware on it? Or get the dsp from /dev

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's still possible to telnet in to 5.3.0
First tftp 5.3.0 onto the camera, don't close the tftp. Teĺnet is now active on 192.0.0.64
Next start the ftp via telnet and your ftp is good to go. 1st thing to do is delete the digicap.dav in the root otherwise anything you change will be lost on the reboot. Now play inside.

Just need to mount it some how to get the mtdblocks off the cam and back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So i ask again to let the question be the last post.

We should get an mtd5 and 6 from a real 5.3.0 english/chinese. Does anyone have a 5.3.0 cam with that firmware on it? Or get the dsp from /dev
Getting late now I'll start dumping files tomorrow from 5.3.0 mtd change camera