Hikvision video intercom

Discussion in 'Alarm & Security Systems' started by Django, Sep 20, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Django

Django Young grasshopper

Very strange but it's very difficult to find information on the Hikvision video intercom systems...even not on the official Hikvision site.
    According to the information I find on the web, it looks that they have nice video intercom systems...have a look at http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile//Leaflet/Product Leaflet/Video Intercom System.pdf

I'm having question on the integration of these systems into the existing Hikvision infrastructure (NVR and cameras / applications).
    Also looking for people that already have experience with the Hikvision intercom systems.

2. buycctvcameras

buycctvcameras n3wb

3. turpit

turpit n3wb

Django likes this.
  4. Infinite

Infinite n3wb

Hi Guys,

I was at the Hikvision trade show a few weeks back, and its now available in the UK.

I setup one of the Hikvision Intercom systems today in our unit. Below is a list of kit i used and a little write up on what i found.

DS-KV8102-IM - 1 Button Door Station
    DS-KH8301-WT - Entry Monitor (7" POE / Wifi)
    DS-KAW50-1 - 240 to 12v Power Supply
    DS-KAD606 - 8 Channel Intercom Distributor

First impressions are that the kit is very well made, and like any hikvision product they obviously spend a lot of time on R&D.

The instructions and setup guide are fairly simple, you will need a little IT knowledge to change IP addresses and some configuration using IVMS 4500. There is also some small configuration to be carried out on each entry monitor to ID them up.

I also added the streams of a few cameras connected to my network just to see how they display and it is really good.

I used the boxed PSU to power my door lock (maglock) just as a test and used the NC/NO/C connections on the back of the entry panel to switch the lock on trigger.

I currently install and maintain a wide range of access / security systems and i can really see this kit being doing well.

Django and fenderman like this.
  5. Django

Django Young grasshopper

Do you have any experience in using iVMS-4500 with this configuration? I'd like to see the camera remotely.

6. Infinite

Infinite n3wb

Yer this works seamlessly, it took a little bit of playing around as they make it so simple with the DVRs.
    I have a full demo setup in my unit, so can video it if you wish.

7. Django

Django Young grasshopper

That would be great. I really would like to see that.

8. Django

Django Young grasshopper

I noticed Aliexpress also sells the units...the Chinese ones eg DS-KH8301-WT is called DS-KH8301-A . As usual these are way cheaper.

9. turpit

turpit n3wb

I also noticed the Aliexpress seller. What is not entirely clear to me is, if the doorstation DS-KV8102-IM is English language. At least the fotos show it being integrated in an English language vIMS-4200. The monitors have -A and -WT in the listing, but the fotos show them with English language.

I'm also wondering if the doorstation and monitors would run on the POE ports of my Hikvision NVR.

Btw: The manuals are available as downloads on the product pages of the overseas page.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  10. Infinite

Infinite n3wb

You need to use specific Hikvision POE / Controller Powersupply unit it won't work connected to an NVR

I have got the internal monitor to display all the cameras connected to the NVR though which is a nice feature

11. turpit

turpit n3wb

I'm close to buying a test setup from China, but still have questions I don't manage to answer from the Hikvision page, the product manuals or several seller pages. It would be great if you could help me with the following:

- Can video from the outdoor station be recorded on Hikvision NVRs (e. g. movement or ringing triggered)?
    - Can the mobile phone app alert me, when somebody is ringing the doorbell? Can I answer on the mobile phone?
    - I'm still confused by the language issue. Is -A really always the Chinese version? What is the difference between -WT and -W? From various pages I believe that DS-KH8301-WT does not have Wifi as stated by Infinite above, but this is really confusing even on the Hikvision webpage.

12. Django

Django Young grasshopper

Looking to iVMS4200 one can see that they added the video intercom system to this application, so I guess recording will be possible.
    At the moment the app(iVMS-4500) alerts you for any motion of cameras, so again I assume this will be the same.
    The WT version has a built in camera + sd card storage.

13. turpit

turpit n3wb

I wonder if the DS-KH8301-A are true multi-language or if they are hacked, region-locked Chinese market version as for the cameras. The aliexpress sellers show them with English user interface.

14. Django

Django Young grasshopper

If it's the same as with the cameras, it might give problems when updating the firmware but... i think it's worth the risk as they are way cheaper :)

15. turpit

turpit n3wb

I've ordered now from Aliexpress:
    • Hikvision Video Access Control-DS-KV8202-1A(DS-KV8202-IM),120 WDR camera,Visual intercom doorbell
    • Hikvision DS-KH8301-A(DS-KH8301-WT) Indoor Video Touchscreen 7-inch Monitor 1024X600 0.3MP camera,Micro SD Card slot,wired intercom
    • Hikvision Video Access Control - DS-KAD606 Video/Audio Distributor&Power Supply
    The seller didn't really want to comment on the possibility of upgrades. Anyhow, the price was really good. It will take a few weeks until delivery. Let's see how it will go ;-)

16. mgomespt

mgomespt Young grasshopper

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2016
  17. mgomespt

mgomespt Young grasshopper

Slight correction: you can get a generic POE adapter to work with these as long as it's putting 24V at a minimum of 0.5A. I'm using Ubiquiti passive 24V POE adapters with no issues (at least power wise) with a door station and an indoor station.

18. steve457

steve457 Young grasshopper

Wow, I just discovered the Hikvision Intercom system and looking through the PDF it looks pretty amazing. It appears the intercom stations support both ethernet and wireless? Is that true? If so, that would be ideal as I have a bunch of locations I've been wanting to add an intercom station to, but am unable to get a cat5e cable to the location easily.

For those that have the system, does it automatically trigger the camera/monitor stations when the doorbell rings? Does it also support room to room calling through the intercom?

19. Olz

Olz n3wb

i have DS-KH8301-A and DS-KV8102-1A.
    In short: a big FAIL, a useless solution.

positive:
    -DS-KH8301 working on ethernet and wireless. + POE.
    -DS-KV8102 have a nice metal design.
    - iVMS can show live picture and support two-way audio (visitor->DS-KV8102->DS-KH8301->iVMS)
    no more...

FAIL:
    - DS-KH8301 have a SD slot, but cant to record video and no have a motion detector (no soft/ no hardware). save a picture after visitor push the ring button. ONE picture. ONCE. WTF?
    - UI have a many useless features on the screen. show the necessary features can not be on main screen.
    - DS-KV8102 NO HAVE motion detector. But have a metal body and have a large mounting area.
    - DS-KH8301 have a internal camera but iVMS cant show video/picture from this device.

Its no video intercom systems - its like photo frame with wifi.

20. Olz

Olz n3wb

ps: with "hiktools05R1 create" cant make a working firmware .dav . after creating firmware image Batch Configuration get error "3" in update proccess. can change language code only.

21. steve457

steve457 Young grasshopper

Ok, thanks for the info. It sounds like this is something that is not yet ready for the masses, which may be a reason why I can't seem to find it anywhere here in the U.S. I may look into ABB or IST as it seems they have some good solutions, albeit a bit pricey.

22. turpit

turpit n3wb

I've received my order last week. I didn't have much time to play with it yet. I think it is actually quite nice (and not a fail, as stated above). But that depends on what somebody considers important features of a video intercom. For me recording video from the doorstation and the indoor stations are not such features. The problems with the mobile app (as discussed in the thread linked above) is definitely a drawback, which I hope will be resolved. Also a possiblity for basic configuration of the indoor station user interface would be really appreciated.

I've so far managed to integrate doorstation and indoor station with iVMS4200, which is one of the clear advantages of the Hikvision intercom, if one already owns Hikvision equipment. Integration so far means, that I can view the outdoor station live view and that I can configure doorstation and indoor station. Really nasty was in iVMS4200 that it asked for the admin Password where it wanted the activation password. I don't use the English language version of iVMS4200, may be this is clearer in it.

I didn't manage yet to see the live view of my other Hikvision IP cameras on the indoor station. These cameras are a connected to a Hikvision NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P). I tried to configure the NVR in the indoor station as device for IP camera information. But all I get is an announcement from the indoor station like "grrgsmumble'ing failed". IP address, user Name ("admin") and password are in my opinion correct. What I'm not really sure are port (554) and camera number (1). Any tips? If possible I want to avoid configuring the IP cameras individually in the indoor station.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  23. turpit

turpit n3wb

After some tinkering, I believe also with configuring the NVR as device for IP camera information, one needs to define one device for each camera. But I simply don't manage neither with device "NVR" nor "IP camera". I always get the above announcement (which might say "monitoring failed") from the indoor station. I believe I've tried all reasonable parameter variations. Something simple must be wrong. I can access pictures from the cameras "behind" the NVR by URL from my home automation center. NVR, indoor station and door station are also in the same subnet.

Could someone post how he as configured "NVR" or "IP camera" as IP camera device in the indoor station? I assume the password to enter is the IP camera password ("12345"), not the NVR password. If I try to configure access by URL, I can't enter the "@" sign.

24. 26086319

26086319 n3wb

If you want to see the IPC in the DS-7608NI-E2/8P on the monitor, you must put the monitor's network cable into the POE NVR interface, which will not burn your monitor, but your monitor, such as 12V DC power supply. Monitor the network port IP is set to 192.168.254.X, add custom IPC on the monitor, need to fill out the IPC address of the IP, should be 192.168.254.X, and the password is IPC; if your IPC is activated by NVR password, then please fill out the NVR password.

25. Ian Bethell

Ian Bethell n3wb

I've just invested in 2 x KV8102-IP Door stations and 2 x KH8300-T Indoor Monitors.

I am having trouble setting both monitors to ring when either of the two doorbells are pressed. Basically, I have a front and a back door, a monitor downstairs, and a monitor upstairs, and obviously want both doorbells to ring both monitors, but it seems I can only have ONE doorbell connected to each monitor.

I can set the second monitor up as an "Extension" of the first, which rings both of them , but again only ONE doorbell can be connected to the monitors.

Anyone else played about with these units enough to help out?

thanks in advance.

26. 26086319

26086319 n3wb

IF:
    Master outdoorstation IP :192.168.1.200 front door
    slave outdoorstation ip:192.168.1.199 back door
    Master indoor moniter IP:192.168.1.201 F1
    slave indooe moniter ip :192.168.1.202 F2

You need to change the slave outdoo rstation IP into: 192.168.1.200,Because slave outdoor station data is forwarded by Master outdoor station.

27. 26086319

26086319 n3wb

Now you can contact the seller for you to upgrade, get better features.

28. 26086319

26086319 n3wb

DS-KH8301 SD card slot has been able to video.

29. Olz

Olz n3wb

my seller upgraded my device DS-KH8301 and DS-KV8102 to version 1.4.0
    new features:
    -DS-KH8301 have a Live View with unlimited time (in 1.3.0 have 60 sec max)
    -DS-KH8301 save a video message - if no one answered the call - start record short video message.
    - can change sounds forDS-KH8301 ring/no answer/dnd, but UI with bug - can not show filename after select file.

but still not available record "on motion" (

30. kontech

kontech n3wb

Looking for a video intercom solution for longer distances (50-75+ yards), primarily placed by driveway gates. What are the practical distance limits for the aforesaid intercoms over Cat6, do they require PoE injectors?